Aftermarket sxr inspired freestyle hulls

Ya I've looked at the brawler, sxr top deck, super jet bottom.

I guess my main question is which am hulls are capable of flat water bf's (or at least off a boat wake) with a limited sxr power plant but still be stable and a enjoyable rec ride boat for a big guy, I'm 6'1' 230lbs right now but loosing weight...

Looks like a trinity evo, eme q8, or rok would be good choices...

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
The Trinity Evo and WDK Envy are gigantic boats, you can get an SXR based hull that flatwater backflips or an SXR based hull that carves like an SXR, you will have to compromise somewhere to get a little of both. IMO, unless you can afford a big motor (1000cc +) you will not flip one of these SXR splashed hulls, the SXR hull was designed to ride the way it does, the weight is not the only factor.

Totally agree...the weight can't be the only factor because mine carves like a Stock SXR and is way lighter...which is why I have always wondered why Kawi made them SO DANG HEAVY! Oink oink.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Totally agree...the weight can't be the only factor because mine carves like a Stock SXR and is way lighter...which is why I have always wondered why Kawi made them SO DANG HEAVY! Oink oink.
Reduced engineering (cost) and ease of construction with a heavier/thicker layup. Also, while they still handle good when they are light, they handle better with more weight.

Don't personally know about lighter sxr handling, but I did notice that my sxr 1100 handled ruff water turns better than my stock ski did, seems like the added weight kept it from getting pushed around by the waves as much, guess it would have the opposite effect by lighting the hull..

Don't personally know about lighter sxr handling, but I did notice that my sxr 1100 handled ruff water turns better than my stock ski did, seems like the added weight kept it from getting pushed around by the waves as much, guess it would have the opposite effect by lighting the hull..

Exactly. That's why lighter hulls need additional mods to handle properly and just splashing an sxr and making it lighter isn't that effective for racing.
Same applies for freestyle even tho the majority of hulls on the market lately are sxr splashes shortened with added rocker and sj intakes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Big Kahuna

Administrator
By about 2000 racers started adding anywhere from 20-40 lbs of lead up under the engines and gas tanks. RAYCE even came out with a bracket that let you easily add weight. The SXR was built heavy and designed for racing and racing only.

SpaceCowboy

breaking something
I think EME can do a Yamaha pump now...there is a few micros out with that setup which isn't what you would be looking for. Have you rode an EME Aerial 8? I am building one currently and have rode one a few times...really fun stuff

I think EME can do a Yamaha pump now...there is a few micros out with that setup which isn't what you would be looking for. Have you rode an EME Aerial 8? I am building one currently and have rode one a few times...really fun stuff

No I have never rode any aftermarket hulls.. I live in sw Oklahoma and I'm one of only a handful of guys that ride around here.. Would love to but I think I would need a plane ticket before I could get the chance to ride one.

But they were built to be beat SJ's and they can do that coming in 35lbs lighter than said SJ IMO! Instead of 70lbs heavier! o_O (Imagining racing myself on my old SJ vs my self on my light SXR.)

849tigerbotkv1

formerly ihate5mphzone
Ya I've looked at the brawler, sxr top deck, super jet bottom.

I guess my main question is which am hulls are capable of flat water bf's (or at least off a boat wake) with a limited sxr power plant but still be stable and a enjoyable rec ride boat for a big guy, I'm 6'1' 230lbs right now but loosing weight...

Looks like a trinity evo, eme q8, or rok would be good choices...
Ive been riding sxr for a couple of years now and when i hop on a aquabot at wf it was like riding my sxr but waaaaay lighter and fun . Ill be sure to let you know when im done with mine ;)

Top Bottom