SX/SXi/SXi Pro All things that could lead to bad compression??

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
It was cold out and it idled for just a few minutes but yea the gas we took out of it looked nasty. definitely had oil in it but like i said the kid who had it before was a sandwich short of picnic. Steve i will let you know if he needs to buy those. My buddy andrew with the Rickter said he has rode with you a time or two, you should come out on lake orion sometime.. but i appreciate the input and will post as soon as i take the heads off and take a look.

Yeah, I know Roo. Hadn't seen him in a while. Let me know when you guys head out, I make it a point to ride on either Saturday or Sunday. I hadn't rode lake orion yet, it's not too far for me to drive.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Keep your eyes open, sometimes you can find a cylinder and pistons in good shape as a combo (used). Seen plenty of members selling such setups and it might cut down on machine work and $$$.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Just going bigger isn't going to get you a noticeable power increase.
Boring & new pistons & gaskets will set him back at least $350.

Finding a used topend + new gaskets (important!) will be cheaper.

Do not forget to clean/rebuild the carbs or he'll be doing it again.

cookn

Kamikaze
I wouldn't say it would be cheaper to have the machine work done but probably the best option. By the looks of the top of your piston i'd say shes pretty lean. Like matt said i would go through your carbs as well, making sure they are not gummed up.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Dom,

The motor has to come out no matter what you do.

Get it out of the ski then call me - we'll pull the jug off real quick and figure out if there is more damage.

I have a funny feeling the bottom end on this motor might be done considering how slow it was turning over.

Top Bottom