All Vendors-please Read!!!

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
The competition race scene is not very inviting to a sponsor, for the reason of spectator attendance.....Little to none! Not your fault, it's a battle that has been going on for years. The reward to those of us who help riders is the smile & feeling of accomplishment of the rider we have chosen to help. Our ultimate goal as a sponsor in these areas is the love for the sport & little else.

A sponsored rider needs to represent the sponsor, everytime he/she has anything to do with a pwc....... That is where the return for the sponsor comes into play..........
You want to increase your numbers out on the playing field, Enjoy what you are doing when you practice & encourage others to join in the fun.
That is where it all begins. Love your sport & respect all you come in contact with.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Goose

i could be wrong here and i did say in another post "their is plenty of talent in the amature rank but they cant afford it"but i think another focus should be put onto the promotors. it is very expensive to compete entry fees,isjba fee,traveling,rooming,fuel,ect it all adds up i dunno about other regions but their is no pay out,so it seems like we pay i think it was 35 bucks a day at a regional that 70 bucks for the wknd for 2 minutes of riding and from the looks of the fans the whole pit area is watching.heck i could buy alot of fuel and ride all wknd fri sat and sun for that.not saying it should be for free and not saying that riders dont need more sponcership but i think the biggest fear of getting people to compete it the entry fee.
in the minds of a first time competor is probly it cost how much and i have a chance at choking infront of all these people

Last edited by a moderator:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
is this for real?? they agreed to give the (work/ money/ part) as long as you make it to the event??

wouldn't that kill their business if they were to have all the riders show up??

anyway i am IN!!!!!!

He's trying to get something together....this isnt a sign up sheet...just brain storming

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
I would love your input on something I can do all winter to promote us to the next level.

OUTSIDE SPONSORS...many of us have been saying it for years

Jetski builders/specific is always good cause those are things we need. Lets face it...jetskiing is going down hill for the most and we cant keep bombing the same sponsors over and over again for free parts or cash because their return just isnt worth it.

We need fresh people willing to advertise on boats or race courses. Put up money for freestyle like Bogey did(Still jealous it was hotwater and not area:doh:)

Bring in money sponsors to put up prize money, brings more racers, brings more people total, bring more sponsors, bring more money. I'm sure theres more to it then that but thats a breakdown in my opinion

The competition race scene is not very inviting to a sponsor, for the reason of spectator attendance.....Little to none! Not your fault, it's a battle that has been going on for years. The reward to those of us who help riders is the smile & feeling of accomplishment of the rider we have chosen to help. Our ultimate goal as a sponsor in these areas is the love for the sport & little else.

A sponsored rider needs to represent the sponsor, everytime he/she has anything to do with a pwc....... That is where the return for the sponsor comes into play..........
You want to increase your numbers out on the playing field, Enjoy what you are doing when you practice & encourage others to join in the fun.
That is where it all begins. Love your sport & respect all you come in contact with.

Ditto. It's not just about running stickers. The real problem is actually seeing a return on your money invested. Like Paul said when you sponsor someone in jetskiing it is for your love of the sport, not for an increase in business.

crammit442

makin' legs
is this for real?? they agreed to give the (work/ money/ part) as long as you make it to the event??

wouldn't that kill their business if they were to have all the riders show up??

anyway i am IN!!!!!!

I believe it would indeed kill a business. I'm sure the intent of this thread is good, but I don't know if this is the way to go about acquiring sponsorship. In this complete thread I haven't seen more than passing mention of value to the sponsor. Despite what some may tell you, sponsorships are NOT given to "grow the sport". They are there for the return that the investment may bring. In that respect the case could be made that they are interested in growing the sport. Sponsorships(particularly at the novice/amateur level) are not about what the sponsor can do for you. You've got to be able to make a convincing case that you can provide a positive return on the potential sponsor's investment. I'm not sure that beginner level freestlye competitors can successfully make that case. How many potential paying customers with money to spend want to emulate entry level riders enough to merit the sponsor's investment? Do these potential customers even know you exist? I'd say probably not. With such low visibility as a sport most of the potential customer base already knows about a given vendor's product or service. That's one of the reasons that so few advertisers renewed their advertising here. Everyone already knows about them. My feeling is that if 200 dollar weekend races are vastly out of reach that maybe motorsports probably isn't the place for you. Before flipping out on me........we are in one of the cheapest motorsports. I also think that publicly naming companies and asking for/demanding their support does tend to put them on the spot. Most of the vendors in our "sport" are small. Five riders at $1000 a pop isn't gonna happen. What Jesse said is right. Outside the industry support is where the potential is. The problem is going to be convincing them that you as an amateur freestyle jetski competitor can give them value for their dollar. Gonna be tough.

Charles

P.S. Gil. If you're gonna start a thread about sponsors, make sure the link to your sponsors are functioning links. One of yours has never worked. And while you may have 3 tons of "LPW BRAP" I'll bet he has 3 tons of "gilgoneround money".:wink1: J/K

C

CG Racing

I believe it would indeed kill a business. I'm sure the intent of this thread is good, but I don't know if this is the way to go about acquiring sponsorship. In this complete thread I haven't seen more than passing mention of value to the sponsor. Despite what some may tell you, sponsorships are NOT given to "grow the sport". They are there for the return that the investment may bring. In that respect the case could be made that they are interested in growing the sport. Sponsorships(particularly at the novice/amateur level) are not about what the sponsor can do for you. You've got to be able to make a convincing case that you can provide a positive return on the potential sponsor's investment. I'm not sure that beginner level freestlye competitors can successfully make that case. How many potential paying customers with money to spend want to emulate entry level riders enough to merit the sponsor's investment? Do these potential customers even know you exist? I'd say probably not. With such low visibility as a sport most of the potential customer base already knows about a given vendor's product or service. That's one of the reasons that so few advertisers renewed their advertising here. Everyone already knows about them. My feeling is that if 200 dollar weekend races are vastly out of reach that maybe motorsports probably isn't the place for you. Before flipping out on me........we are in one of the cheapest motorsports. I also think that publicly naming companies and asking for/demanding their support does tend to put them on the spot. Most of the vendors in our "sport" are small. Five riders at $1000 a pop isn't gonna happen. What Jesse said is right. Outside the industry support is where the potential is. The problem is going to be convincing them that you as an amateur freestyle jetski competitor can give them value for their dollar. Gonna be tough.

Charles

P.S. Gil. If you're gonna start a thread about sponsors, make sure the link to your sponsors are functioning links. One of yours has never worked. And while you may have 3 tons of "LPW BRAP" I'll bet he has 3 tons of "gilgoneround money".:wink1: J/K

:fing02:

njfl

X-H2

Charles

I think the ideas in this thread are good, but demanding sponsorship is like demanding a job. In reality, you ask for a job and you are there to do something for the employer to make them have a successful business.

Pat’s contingency post on offering money makes the most sense as far as a win/win situation for rider and vendor goes. We just need to get more companies offering the contingencies.

Gil, I think your drive over the winter (as you mention above) should be on enlightening the companies to the values of contingency dollars. Also, in this manner, you can probably more-readily look to companies outside our immediate industry.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Sponsors do things for different reasons...........

1. They do help out with the hopes of getting some kind of return.
2. They do so to try and give back to the very racers who have been buying their products for years.
3. They do so because they can..... Honestly, I do not know who all Patrick Bogart has as sponsored riders. I do know that he helps out just about every competitor or even enthusiest who are more than your regular weekend riders. Why? because he loves the sport......

They (sposnors) do so because they love the sport and want to see new riders progress, if they can sell a part at a discounted price which in turn will help a rider get better, that rider would turn around and tell everybody about them. Oh, want to see a good case of this.......... research a company called Advanced Metal Works.(for those who know who I am talking about shhhhh!!!) I remember when there was only about 5 of his signature parts(guys form the boards purchased) for the SJ out there, I was fortunate enough to be one of the early guys, maybe even one of the first. (I think Kid4now was the first that I can remember). Because of this guy helping several of us out with a good product we spread his name around...... I hear he is pretty bad ass at riding ski's also and has a pretty good company now...........

crammit442

makin' legs
Sponsors do things for different reasons...........

1. They do help out with the hopes of getting some kind of return.
2. They do so to try and give back to the very racers who have been buying their products for years.
3. They do so because they can..... Honestly, I do not know who all Patrick Bogart has as sponsored riders. I do know that he helps out just about every competitor or even enthusiest who are more than your regular weekend riders. Why? because he loves the sport......

They (sposnors) do so because they love the sport and want to see new riders progress, if they can sell a part at a discounted price which in turn will help a rider get better, that rider would turn around and tell everybody about them. Oh, want to see a good case of this.......... research a company called Advanced Metal Works.(for those who know who I am talking about shhhhh!!!) I remember when there was only about 5 of his signature parts(guys form the boards purchased) for the SJ out there, I was fortunate enough to be one of the early guys, maybe even one of the first. (I think Kid4now was the first that I can remember). Because of this guy helping several of us out with a good product we spread his name around...... I hear he is pretty bad ass at riding ski's also and has a pretty good company now...........

Exactly my point. It may help "grow the sport", but the real reason is financial. Nothing wrong with that. It's to be applauded. Capitalism!!!

Exactly what I'm saying, I had Paul Lehr do my engine work this spring and talk about how great it is on here all the time!

Bought a X metal water box and brag bout it all the time on here!

Bought a WDK Diablo hood kit and brag bout it on here!

Some stuff I paid retail for, some stuff I got a blow out bargain. Price is irrelavant when I am bragging about a companys product. If its good product for fair price, GREAT! I try real hard to plug Paul Lehr every chance I get, for one reason, his stuff is off the hook. All the vendors have GREAT points/products, some have bad points. Overall though, Iv'e been very happy w/all my transactions!

If each of the 3 above mentioned companies said Gil, we will give u 10.00 from each of the 3 of us each time you come in 2nd place and 20.00 from each of the 3 of us each time you win, I WOULD BE ECSTATIC!!! Yes it would only be 30.00-60.00, but thats a hell of alot more than I get now. Granted, I do not know how to make this work for the vendors because they could only afford to do it for a limited # of riders or they would go broke and I DO NOT WANT THAT!

gil the term you are looking for is called contingency pay out

Scorn800

Ride for life
1st- Gil I think these last posts have been much better than you bragging about crap you bought.
2nd-To complete in freestyle or race you must have a APBA membership. The membership cost $70 a year and includes a 1 year supscription to PWI. Some vendors give a competitor discount as long as you are a APBA member. I know JSU and Riva both give 10% off.
3nd- You don't need sponsors. Yes, they can help but unless your Malone it will just be a discount or some free parts.
4th- I think Pat's idea for contingency money is the best yet.
5th- Jetski's are a cheap motorsport compared to alot of others

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
OH CHIT-does sponsorhouse do jet ski stuff???????? Cuz yer dead on, alot of this is thier format! Dammit man, glad u brought that up. BTW, can we add Nascency Cinema as a sponsor to the list???????????

i think it would be good to get people and companies away from sponsor house...who the hell ever thought up that crock needs to be beaten...

and as far as me being a sponsor...hell no...i have learned that some goof with a camera a sponsor is not...lol, im trying to get my own sponsors right now...

im just here to hang out...

i think it would be good to get people and companies away from sponsor house...who the hell ever thought up that crock needs to be beaten...

and as far as me being a sponsor...hell no...i have learned that some goof with a camera a sponsor is not...lol, im trying to get my own sponsors right now...

im just here to hang out...

i agree... spend 50 bucks a year just to send out apps that can be mailed out for the cost of postage or through email.... the only that that sucks about sponsorhouse being around now is that some companies are only accepting sponrsoships through it

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I signed up for sponsorhouse one year.......wish I had that $50 back. As far as I could tell, it was a complete waste of money :slap:

At least with a RF sponsorship you get an RV ride to Nationals along with a year-and-a-half of smart-ass-ness....:buttkick: :Banane09:

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
At least with a RF sponsorship you get an RV ride to Nationals along with a year-and-a-half of smart-ass-ness....:buttkick: :Banane09:

now see...thats a sponsorship you cannot put a price on...chick dogging you out all the time??? c'mon...:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom