650/X-2 almost sank my first x2!! my second time out on it!!

so i just got my first x2, an '86, all built and back together, i kept the 650 and got super cheap new wiseco pistons, 44sbn, 180psi, 4in exhaust cone extension, 1.5in chop, relocated air intake. these things are crazy but anyway i was getting confident with it then she cuts out, try to start just bogs and trys to run at full throttle but cant stay pumpin. i start swiming, as i get to the bank of the river she starts to sink fast, nose down drownin, i was pissed cause theres no way im gonna let this :):):)er sink, stoked cause i was in shallow water and i was sinkin my first ski, and freaked out cause it was my first x2 all at the same time. the water was comin in 2x faster than the bilge could clear it but i finally got her to the side, nose up, water at the hood seals so when i open her up it poors out on the shore and guess what i find? the water box came loose and was bouncing around to the point where the hose came off the pipe and i had an open cabing hole in the side of this beast. i get it clamped back on, bilge clears the water and she braps right back to life. awsome. haha

but, what should i do with the ride plate, i trimed the .5in lip off and tapered the sides so its just an extended ride plate but at 5'10, 180 should i D cut it? cut if flush? its gonna be a surf ski. and second, how do i make it turn left as far as it turns right without buying something???? pictures please

D cut is good for surf but bad at high speeds 30+, also if u have D cut and .5 in off the back, you should try X2Guys freestyle trim works great for surf

Top Bottom