Blaster aluminum pump shoe... recomendations

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
i have been searching around for weeks for answers and a pump shoe. alot of people said to go xr-tech on past posts due to price and fitment but since i cant find a xr tech / hes not making anymore what do you guys recomend/run ?

i have the ski stripped to a bare hull reinforcing it and doing mods, so i m figuring this is the time to do a shoe since the pump is out n the hull can be flipped over easily

lets hear what you guys have to say

thank you

I put an XR-Tech on my ski two seasons ago. It required a lot of grinding and fitting to get it right. It is not a direct bolt on part.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I just installed a JD pump shoe. Ridiculous amount of grinding that needs to be done to make it fit right.

Is the Blowsion shoe different than the JD? I thought they were the same thing.

This is odd! All these years I have heard the exact opposite!! XR's fit and are perfect and no so on the other!

I have a XR and it was perfect.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I don't think the XR Tech shoes are available anymore, making this a moot point.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Snowxr hasn't made anything in quite a while, so it really doesn't matter how well the XR shoe fits. It doesn't exist.

Yea I didn't know thats why I posted that thread...apparently he just refunded someone and disappeared...

I would go stock and just don't trash it!!

Ducky

Back in the game!
I was able to find someone in the US with XFT pump shoes in stock. I have been told these are the best pump shoes as they are ready to install. PM me if you want the contact. I also got ahold of Sergio of XFT who said he has his Pump shoes in stock, but told me to contact the guy in the US to save on shipping.

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
i dont mind a little grinding as long as the workmanship and quality is there

i know xrtech is gone thats why i posted looking for other routes.

Hey mattjones how much were the xft shoes?

Jp79

Building Brawlers
I just installed a JD pump shoe. Ridiculous amount of grinding that needs to be done to make it fit right.

Is the Blowsion shoe different than the JD? I thought they were the same thing.

Not sure if the shoes are the same or not, I can say I have not had to grind one yet for it to fit! I did get an XR Tec for one of the builds that was requested and had to grind it to fit.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I have zero experience with it. I have been told however, that was (is) the best pump shoe out there. XFT stuff was always top notch.

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
ok sounds good guys the JD i heard was hit or miss and the xft is new to me so gotta do some more research and hear what people have to say

def gotta decide which one to go with soon.

thank you to everyone for the input

Even if you have to grind it to fit, it still works. It took me an hour or so to flatten the lip at the top of the shoe so it fit properly.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Leave it stock til you break the stocker. Not worth the time or effort until it breaks.

Hell if you really want to install one, come grab my fixed steer and do mine. I have a jet dynamics here ive been too lazy to put in my ski yet. I broke the shoe in daytona. Haven't touched it since.

modularjunk

day dreaming
Site Supporter
haha Bruce Im leaving for a 10 day vaca in hawaii next wed how about i drop you my ski u can do the rear reinforcement and bond rail reinforcement ( all opened up, grinded, n prepped already) so its done when i get back and ill do the pump shoe for you when i get home :)

but seriously i was thinking of doing the shoe only for the reason the ski is torn down to a bare hull (nothing at all in it or on it) and figured while its empty it was the time to flip it over and do the pump shoe. so i dont break the plastic one during riding season n have to fix it with the ski complete

Top Bottom