Andrew's SN Superjet

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I have 0 experience with Kevlar. But to get a smooth finish on carbon, you sand, clean, brush on new epoxy, sand. With finer sand paper, repeat. Carbon works great.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Errrrrr....? Good question. I've actually never seen an oem square that has original paint.... Round nose has top and bottom. I thought squares did

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
It depends on the hardener that you choose to go with. There's fast hardeners, medium, and slow. Tom21 has said 70 degrees is a good temp for epoxy to setup in though.

And you don't want to use carbon fiber or kevlar for this application. Fiberglass is the best since it has similar flexing characteristics as what your ski is made out of it. I don't know all the strength specifics on it, but I know a few layers of 1208 or 1708 will make it bombproof. Also, if you don't have much experience glassing, you don't want to start with carbon fiber or kevlar. That's a whole nother world.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
No problem! At first this stuff is going to be a little confusing. But there are some threads about this stuff on here too, if you use the search button you'll find some stuff on fiberglassing, and go through some of the "my ski and buildups" section too.
Good luck :)

Newb question that I could quite find the answer two. She. Doing two layers of 1208 bixial glass do I need to let the first layer dry first then sand or can I get the first layer on and wet and add the second?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom