Super Jet Another.....bpipe tuning

I have been searching constantly but found nothing really on par with this issue/question. I have a limited 701 setup and trying to dial in my pipe properly. All FPP says is that the first couple inches on the chamber are supposed to lightly sizzle. How about the head pipe? My headpipe sizzles quite a bit (mainly at the headbolts). When I add more to top to reduce heat, chamber doesn't sizzle. Not too sure if this is okay or if i need to get more water to the headpipe. I have it set currently at 3/4 turn top and others closed. Cooling lines are set to how FPP suggests w/ a FCV just before the stinger and after the T.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff G.

I only have single cooling and I was given the impression that bottom screw is more geared towards top end. I could be wrong. And also informed that adjustment is simply based off of the given ski. I was mainly just wondering if the headpipe should be sizzling like it does.

mine used if u have aftermarket head, ive got mine set up, top of head pipe, to front water fitting on cylinder, rear water fitting on cylinder t pisser and to stinger no flow controll valve, restrictor at stinger. bottom of head pipe to pisser. im actualy useing a coaxial cable end for restrictor, seems too work good fits in there good.

I currently only have stocker head. Waiting for some more funds before i get a girdled. So do you think it is the routing of the lines that is causing the headpipe to heat up and not simply the tuning? I would play with the tuning right now, but I won't be near the ski until the weekend, so trying to get as much info on the topic as possible. I am just simply assuming if I pop open the bottom about 1/4, it will quit sizzling on the headpipe bolts.

ive got mine set up for dual cooling, middle and bottom screw closed, top is probaly open 3/4 or more, last year i couldnt get it to sizzle. then installed a wet wolf cone and the pipe got to hot and burnt some of the side of my hull.

Top Bottom