Super Jet Another FAKE ADA Head

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I havent seen one of these fake heads other than on here. I would like to know whats wrong with then thats making peoples engines blow up as they are not to hard a thing to make right are you sure thats what is causing the blow ups . I dont like the fact they have used ada,s name on them thats just wrong. If they can do them at that price why dont they just start there own competition business in the head market. Change a few angles and top design a little and away you go.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I havent seen one of these fake heads other than on here. I would like to know whats wrong with then thats making peoples engines blow up as they are not to hard a thing to make right are you sure thats what is causing the blow ups . I dont like the fact they have used ada,s name on them thats just wrong. If they can do them at that price why dont they just start there own competition business in the head market. Change a few angles and top design a little and away you go.

Oh don't know incorrect squish angles, incorrect dome sizing, sloppy fit between the domes and the head, thats just a few things I can think of right off the bat that could blow an engine up.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Oh don't know incorrect squish angles, incorrect dome sizing, sloppy fit between the domes and the head, thats just a few things I can think of right off the bat that could blow an engine up.
I have a rough idea what can blow an engine up , thanks for that.
Were these some of the issues with these heads. I mean when you put a head on you should be checking squish and compression if you dont do that then you cant really blame anyone else but your self.
If you put the dome in and it was loose you would stop then not continue putting it together and hope your engine doesnt blow up
Im not defending the people that actually made the heads but to blame them for all the blow ups maybe something they dont deserve either

I have a rough idea what can blow an engine up , thanks for that.
Were these some of the issues with these heads. I mean when you put a head on you should be checking squish and compression if you dont do that then you cant really blame anyone else but your self.
If you put the dome in and it was loose you would stop then not continue putting it together and hope your engine doesnt blow up
Im not defending the people that actually made the heads but to blame them for all the blow ups maybe something they dont deserve either

Are you serious? It doesnt matter what the "customer" does or doesnt do. They are illegally ripping off the ADA head and selling a product under someone else's name and hard work. So YES I blame them for EVERYTHING!

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Are you serious? It doesnt matter what the "customer" does or doesnt do. They are illegally ripping off the ADA head and selling a product under someone else's name and hard work. So YES I blame them for EVERYTHING!
Yes I think I said that I dont agree with them ripping of the ada head. I think thats not right at all using them name to resell there product and using ada,s product for there gain.
My point is that there is stuff that should be checked when you install any aftermarket head. If you fitted an ada head and didnt know your cylinder was skimmed previously and you smashed a piston into the head would that be ada,s fault or yours ?? It does matter what the customer does or doesnt do.
Blaming this head for blowups with out proper analysis helps no one.

I believe they should have done it the right way and made up there own label and design and introduced a new product choice to the market. Competition is a great thing.
Personally I would have still gone for an ada I use them on all engines I build for myself or customers

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Yes I think I said that I dont agree with them ripping of the ada head. I think thats not right at all using them name to resell there product and using ada,s product for there gain.
My point is that there is stuff that should be checked when you install any aftermarket head. If you fitted an ada head and didnt know your cylinder was skimmed previously and you smashed a piston into the head would that be ada,s fault or yours ?? It does matter what the customer does or doesnt do

I believe they should have done it the right way and made up there own label and design and introduced a new product choice to the market. Competition is a great thing.
Personally I would have still gone for an ada I use them on all engines I build for myself or customers

Check out the original thread about these heads. It was linked here somewhere by Jetmaniac.
Some of the problems:
Inferior aluminum
Sloppy fit between domes and head shell
Resulting waterleaks
Inferior material for domes
Inferior material for head shells.

The reason "they" can crank them out for so cheap is precisely because of the materials used and the small amount of time spent on making a product with the right tolerances. Yeah, a customer should be checking squish. But a customer shouldn't have to worry about their head studs rusting away or their chitty fitting domes leaking water into their engine, or even just being sold something that it is not.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Check out the original thread about these heads. It was linked here somewhere by Jetmaniac.
Some of the problems:
Inferior aluminum
Sloppy fit between domes and head shell
Resulting waterleaks
Inferior material for domes
Inferior material for head shells.

The reason "they" can crank them out for so cheap is precisely because of the materials used and the small amount of time spent on making a product with the right tolerances. Yeah, a customer should be checking squish. But a customer shouldn't have to worry about their head studs rusting away or their chitty fitting domes leaking water into their engine, or even just being sold something that it is not.
I didnt see where he said that they were I saw him asking the question "This is bad. Besides the illegal use of ada's name, products, and reputation, what is the tolerance for domes, squish, etc."
I too would be asking the question and because I know ada is quality I would rather spend the extra money and not have to worry about it on engines I build. My point is its a shame they didnt start there own brand and bring some new competition to the market

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I don't think the makers of the fake head are interested in starting their own brand or making a quality product. The aim of this whole thing is to capitalize on a well known quality name with a bad product that appears to be ADA and cash in on it. Those are not people I'd buy from nor are they people that would take care of customers.

In other words, this isn't really about heads - it's about ripping people off.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I don't think the makers of the fake head are interested in starting their own brand or making a quality product. The aim of this whole thing is to capitalize on a well known quality name with a bad product that appears to be ADA and cash in on it. Those are not people I'd buy from nor are they people that would take care of customers.

In other words, this isn't really about heads - it's about ripping people off.
I agree with that, thats ficking wrong

WFO Speedracer

Seriously if you order a specific dome you should have to cc it yourself to find out if the cc marked is correct ?
How would you know a head was going to leak water into your cylinder when you installed it properly. Yes I can agree on checking squish and compression to verify you are where you need to be, but thats all.

So I guess I need to chime in to save face. I've worked on skis for years buying in bulk parts from a local Yamaha dealer. ADA is one of the products my DBA bought a lot of. GREAT PARTS! I had sold my skis and moved on to other toys and was selling off parts I had left over. I did buy parts from swap meets every once in a while so I'm guessing this may have been one I bought but domes were never bought at a meet. No used parts ever went on a customer's ski. 90% of the time I would only charge for the actual parts, no labor, for the love of the sport and having something to do. I would never intentionally buy something "fake", nor sell it. That's not my style. I've been on this site and others for 7+ years and had no problems. Heck some of the skis that have been sold on all these sites have been through my garage with the work I've done. When it was reported to me that it wasn't real, I was quite shocked to say the least. again, never would sell something like that, not even to my worst enemy. I informed the buyer to return it for a refund, to this day I haven't received it back. I want to make it right with the buyer. This piece would not be sold again but would make a site specifically to show how to spot a fake. The original maker of this knock off should be caught and punished for sure. I'm glad that it was not put on his ski and something happen to the motor. I actually rant this head on my ski for about 10 hours. I didn't have an issue but maybe I was lucky. Only switched it out to run a different pipe. So once again, Very sorry and want to make it right.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
1. Why does the buyer say you claimed purchase from ADA's website?
2. Why did you delete the externally hosted image of the head in the PWCToday thread?

WFO Speedracer

1. Why does the buyer say you claimed purchase from ADA's website?
2. Why did you delete the externally hosted image of the head in the PWCToday thread?

3.Why did you post the same thing over here that you posted at PWCT ?

4. Confucius say man cannot save both his a$$ and face at same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom