Super Jet Another freestyle SN build 'Wet Dreams'

Between last night and tonight the ski isnow water ready. Finished up the hand pole pad and turf inside the footholds last night. Also got the bilge and primer tiddied up. Curious to see if the bilge pump is going to work it sounds a little weak compared to the one in my other ski. Got the registration numbers on and riveted the VIN number under the Hand pole by the hood hooks.For now I have a full length d cut ride plate on. I am guessing this will be too long but I am goong to leave it this way during the break in period to see how Much I wanna cut it down. Fired the ski up tonight and it idled just fine once the fuel lines were primed. Didnt leave it run more than maybe fifteen seconds because I didnt have cooling on it but ill tell ya what I was grinning ear to ear after that baby popped off! Planning on riding/ tuning on wednesday or thursday this week. Only things I need to finish up are the limit rope and put the hose on the hood breathers. Pics below

I am sure that I have read it somewhere but what is the point of vacuum sealing the hood?
Its called vacuum bagging. We just did it on the hood because it was a small enough piece to get in a bag. This may not be completely accurate but by vacuum bagging u suck all of the air bubbles out of the glass and resin, it bonds strong because the glass is compressed tight against the substrate that your bonding too, and it gives a smoother finish over hand laying

Took it out on thursday somewhat unsuccessfully haha. Motor ran really good let it idle for a few minutes, set the flow control valve to open at about 1/4 throttle maybe a little less as im paranoid about running it too hot right now. Rode it for about 15 minutes id say. Motor and jetting seemed spot on so far atleast, plugs were light brown afterwords. But about 15 minutes in the one pump bolt insert I had to replace pulled out. After looking back on it I did a real shifty job at putting it in the first place. So I fixed that thursday after we rode by grinding out the resin and cabosil putting a new insert in with resin cabosil and a few strips of 7.5oz e glass. Seems to be a lot stronger now. Going out this after noon to put some more time on it. As far as ride report ski doesn't porpoises with the stock length d cut ride plate. I do get some splash in the face. Ski turns super sharp compared to my stock sn and the motor feels like its going to rip once I get past the break in and can actually open it up. Hopefully I will get some more tray time in today when im not so paranoid so I can actually get a better feel for it

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Glad it runs good! I'm debating on whether to start with a 150 main and 120 pilot like you or go for 125 pilot, 150 main, or 147.5 main lol... Torn between what to start with.

I would start with a 150 main. With how light brown my plugs were I wouldn't go Any leaner than that. So far haven't touch the high or low speed screws

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Alright sweet. Probs start with the 120 low pilot too? I mean that's the same size pilot for a B pipe setup.

Put a good 1.5 hour ride in this afternoon in 4 to 5 foot rollers on lake Winnebago. Talk about a pain in the ass. Was not a huge fan of the short hull out there but I guess its safe to say that im comfortable with the strength of the fiberglass work now after the air time we were getting today.

After putting some time on the motor now I do need to tune out a high idle. Plugs still look excellent but when I try to turn down the idle speed it starves for fuel and snubs out. Tried richening up the low speed screw a half turn an it gota little better but I think im gonna have to go up to 122.5 or 125 on the pilot.

Hoping to get some flatwater time on it this week before the dells free ride next weekend.

Alright been a little while since I updated but I havent been able to put much Time on the ski yet. Took it too the dells free ride and sucks up some drift wood into my cool I system and then had some issues with my start stop switch. After all that the ski seemed to be running a little warm so I hung it up for the weekend. After that I pulled the motor to tap my mani for dual cooling. When the motor was out I noticed my midshaft bearing carrier rubber was gettingpretty loose which I think was caused from my motor mounts. None of the rubbers are breaking off the mount but they feel really spongy. So I ordered a new sbt bearing Carrier and got a set of couch mounts. Hoping the carrier will be in before the weekend. Got the motor mounts in the hull already. Also sand blasted and spray bombed the steering nozzle white and cut down the ride plate a little further while its out of commission. I jetted a little richer and put a carb rebuild kit in it too. Still unsure if Im making the right move of jetting a little richer or not cause everything I read blue and the maniac are usually spot on for jetting.

Attachments

• 20150608_181728.jpg
    20150608_181728.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20150608_181445.jpg
    20150608_181445.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 120
Alright another over due update. Been fighting a lot of issues but I think I finally have this thing figured out. Put in the couch mounts and sbt midshaft bearing/Carrier and that reduced vibration huge! By jetting was all outta whack because my pop off pressure was almost 40psi with the 95 gram spring provided with the top end kit. Kit a few coils off the spring to get it at around 25 psi. Ski now starts without the primer and idles pretty smooth. My start stop switch was bad...ground cable at one point was mended and the wires were all black. Luckily we had another one in the garage i could put on. My main ground cable from the starter to the battery was fired. At one point it started smoking because it was so hot when I was trying to prime my fuel lines. So I replaced that with a 4 ga wire from autozone. Finally I think my msd went bad. Power delivery was very sparatic and would bog very bad off idle. I could still feather the throttle to get the rpms up. So I swapped in a 6m6 cdi for checks and it ran just fine. Msd is on its way to ocd for a check at the moment. So after all of that I took the ski out for about a half hour tonight with out any issues! Jetting is a little rich at the moment but i do need to start leaning it back out to the maniacs recommendation now that I have the electronics figured out!

Attachments

• 20150630_173627.jpg
    20150630_173627.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 100
A quick ride report. I think my footholds are too far back and my pole is too long. Its very difficult to recover off hitting wakes and spins. The rocker rides waves very nicely however I think a front lip would help keep the nose up after hitting wakes. its turns very sharp which is quite nice. It actually doesn't porpoise too bad on flat water any chop is pretty rough if your off the gas. After I get some more time on it I will consider shortening the pole a little more. Moving the footholds will probably have to wait til next winter

I am going to order my fiberglass material from US composites. Any idea on how much cloth and resin and what not it will take to do the tray like yours?

Top Bottom