another RN spring question (i searched)

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
Anybody know who makes this spring? It came off my 99’ superjet, and it worked well with the stock pole. However I just cut 3” off of it and now when I pull the pole down and let it go it shoots back up and stays up! And the spring won’t fit on my AC racing pole.

I noticed a few write ups lately about cutting down the stock pole and using a spring vs. the double bolts. My question is, you guys that are running a spring on your stock, cut down pole are you still using the blowsion spring? And does it make your pole shoot straight up and stay up or does it “float”? before I cut down my pole it floated about 3” to 4” off the hood and it worked great with this spring. Also can a blowsion spring be used with and AC pole?

Thanks

I run an Ac pole with blowsion spring. When I first installed the spring my pole would stay all the way up on its own. All I did was bungee it down for 2 days and now it just floats around half way up.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
thanks bluegtate,

i'll try it with this spring and see what happens, although im not to sure if it will settle more since it is pretty old. but worth a shot.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
That looks like a UMI spring you have in the picture, the blowsion spring is a little bit weaker and is a lot easier to install. Also you can tighten your handle pole bolt to make the pole stay where you want it.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
cool vid, thanks for your replys.

with my stock pole cut down about 3" and the spring in the pic above, my pole does the opposite of the sj in the vid with the stock spring! it shoots straight up, and stays up! so right now i have the hood off and it is tied down all the way, ill leave it like that for a few days and see if it helps. if not i think i might use a little heat and customize my spring just a bit.

but thanks again for your opinions.

diggin this up for some help. After 2 weeks I finally got my spring,my pole doesnt float,it is lighter,,but it doesnt float?? If I tighten the tension on the bolt I can get it to stay somewhat. I pulled my stock pole pad and it was a little water logged,but not to bad. Even with it off it still seems like the spring isnt as strong as those Ive been around,their poles float up off the hood and with minimal force will raise up. Do I got a bum spring or did I do something wrong?

Ok I did some more searching find a side by side pic,,,mine looks like the stocker as far as the bends. I guess its goin to be 2 more weeks before I get a frickin pole spring.

Mine the two post coming off the coil are about the same posistion as the stocker.

OK my pics wont load,but it looks more like the stocker then the pic below of the blowsion spring,,:banghead:

Attachments

• springcomparison.jpg
    springcomparison.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
ive got the blowsion spring stock pole and XFT bracket.tightened pole bolt and my pole stays where i let it go.i can move it up and down with a slight push with one finger. just like in the video

Top Bottom