Other another tragic waverunner accident

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
sad!

Three Killed, Four Injured in California Boating Accident

Published October 16, 2011

SAN DIMAS, Calif – Three women were killed and four other people injured in a boating accident Saturday at Bonelli Regional Park in San Dimas, Calif.

The accident happened about 4:20pm local time at Puddingstone Lake in the park, 30 miles east of the Los Angeles city center, The San Gabriel Valley Tribune reported, citing fire department officials.

The deceased were riding a Sea-Doo jet ski when it crashed into a powerboat, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"It was a pretty severe accident in the middle of the water," Matt Levesque, a Los Angeles County Fire Department inspector, said.

The women, aged 25, 35 and 60, died at the scene. They were all members of the same family, KABC-TV reported.

Three men in the boat -- aged 22, 35 and 36 -- suffered critical injuries and were taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center for treatment.

A 22-year-old woman suffered minor injuries when she was thrown from the boat. She was taken to a hospital by ambulance, KTLA-TV reported.

A number of helicopters were rushed to the site to transport patients.

"At this point, there's nothing to indicate there was alcohol, but that could change later," Los Angeles County Chief Lifeguard Hugo Maldonado told KTLA-TV.

The crash was being investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Parks Bureau.

"It was a tragic, tragic accident," Imee Perius, a spokeswoman for the parks department, said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...in-california-boating-accident/#ixzz1ay1ZUAmL
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/16/three-killed-four-injured-in-california-boating-accident/#ixzz1avNiaaKZ?test=latestnews

Wow such a bummer.. I was just there on Wednesday. October 1st is when they opened it up for boat and jet skis to be on the lake at the same time. That'll probably change now.

On another note, those wanna be cops (lifeguards) are complete azzholes and if they spent more time policing people like these women and less about us stand up guys doing a freaking tailstand, this wouldn't have happened.

i agree the local like i ride on made us jetskiiers pay a 100 dollar a year permit, and can only ride on mon, wed, frid, and sat. Supposively so the fisherman can have there time on the lake 2, Which is bs in the summer time aint nobody gonna fish in a 100+ temps all day.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
i agree the local like i ride on made us jetskiiers pay a 100 dollar a year permit, and can only ride on mon, wed, frid, and sat. Supposively so the fisherman can have there time on the lake 2, Which is bs in the summer time aint nobody gonna fish in a 100+ temps all day.

WTH do you ride, lake Nazi?
I jump the locals wakes with their encouragement
been asked once all summer if the kids had taken the class
now required in NC (911 weekend, they were everywhere!)
took my Yup as gospel, no papers needed!
wear a life vest and bring a fire ex and you're good in NC!

If I was told I couldn't jetski on a day I really wanted to, I would highly contemplate moving. That is just me though, :wiggle:

yeah it sux, i just love to ride man, one of the few lakes round the tx panhandle that has any water in it. Might start going to lake ute up in nm next summer, its like an hour and a half from amarillo, tx

Top Bottom