Any broken legs or a torn ligaments from foot holds?

sea-dude

To Air is Human
I know there is tons of info about which fold holds or straps to use, but my question is about not being released when it’s time to go.

I high-sided on a couch on Memorial Day weekend and got my foot stuck in the foot well. I didn’t break anything but I still have a messed up hip and knee.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
I broke my leg from getting stuck in the footholds, but that was very unusual. I've laded the same way many times since, and not had the slightest twinge. I wouldn't worry about getting stuck in - staying in is the major concern. FWIW I use Blowsion Kickers and love them.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just ordered REV's, but plan to modify the back so they are more open and don't hit my leg so much. I just love the super wide stance, like Kickers only wider.

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
revs with inclosure's and xft's I could see getting really ugly. I have revs with out the enclosures. I like the fact that I can lock in but I can also come out side ways if the is a lot of force.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I have XFT holds, and 95% of the time when I eat ******** I fall out...

However 4 times in the last 2 days I have smashed into the bottom doing in a nose stab in mircy water... Jetski stopped, and I kept moving forward with my foot still stuck.

My body is a wreck. My right foot and leg throb so bad all day... whatever, it happens in this sport...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yama Cat broke her angle 2 weeks ago, jumped a big boat wave and her hands slipped off the bars, ankle twisted and snap.......... 2 plates and surgery later she is on the mend.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
i got my foot wedged in my strap and twisted my foot 180 degrees behind me and dislocated my knee

it was f@$#$ng sore

the reason i did it was because the strap was to loose and my foot didnt release

sea-dude

To Air is Human
Its not that, I just don't see Brian cutting and grinding the crap out of his pristine boat.

No, it's time to cut it up... starting with the handle pole this weekend, going
-2 or 3... maybe -2 7/8??? or 15/16 lol

I just know I gotta get rid of the stock pads, My foot slipped yesterday while jumping and I have my first SJ shingiana

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just came UPS 2 hours ago!!!!!:Banane09::arms::bananapowerslide:

Attachments

• 107_5411.jpg
    107_5411.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom