SXR Any difference between 2003 or up SXR's?

Picking up a 2003, engine is pretty much brand new. I'm buying this all as a package: 2003 sxr (hull needs some work), 93 kawasaki (all aftermarket parts but needs to be cleaned out, could possibly not even work on us) and a Single trailer which was converted to a double stand up trailer. Getting all of that for $3750. I was wondering if I found myself a good deal and if the sxr's are different with each new time they're released with a new model. Thanks for reading.

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
They are pretty much the same. I have heard the 2003 model has different wiring setup or something from the other year models.

There are some wiring differences between '03, '04, and the rest of the newer sxr's. There is a sensor in the exhaust headpipe on the newer ones that the 03s dont have, not sure what else. As far as the hull goes there all the same. Whats wrong with the hull of the one your looking at? What model 93 jetski is the other one?

Nothing is wrong with the hull. Just needs a bit of cleaning and working on the pads. The 93 is a 750 sx.

odd thing is kawi cited less thrust on 2003 compared to 2004 up.
2003 electric wiring is the same as sxi pro.cdi same as sxi pro as well.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Yep, 2004 SXRs can run with a dead battery, 2003's cannot. Just wired a bit different...you can also run a 2004 and up without a stator as Total loss. I've had both electrical systems and didn't notice the difference. (Switched out my 03 electronics for 06 onces)...certainly didn't make it any faster.

Top Bottom