Freestyle anybody running octane booster in there skiis,

Has anybody been useing octane booster, ive been trying to get 93 octane out of 90 octane pump gas, i got a bottle of liquid horsepower from the local harley shop, a big bottle of it will treat 30 gallons of fuel, and add 10 octane points, but if i was to add a big bottle to say 5 gallons of 90 octane would it raise it higher than that. Ive also seen the nos octane booster at auto zone, it raises it 100 octane points, i think a bottle treats like 25 gallons, but i havent a clue as to how much i should add, to a 5 gallon can.

Tadpole1975

The clown has no penis!
NOS octane boost raises octane less than 10 octane points and you should NOT use it in your ski. Why are you seeking higher octane anyway?

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
A group (i was not included) at school did a test with several of these "octane boosters" with Very minimal results. At most they raised octane levels by less than 1 full point. For most of them they didn't see any difference and in a few occasions actually experienced worse knock. If you really "need" a higher octane fuel blend in some race fuel. 1 gal of 110 race fuel blended with 4 gal of 90 pump gas will yield a 94 octane mixture.

Waternut

Customizing addict
For the record... When you're speaking in terms of octane boosters there is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Most notorious is the way the companies advertise octane points. 1 point is equal to 0.1. So a 10 point increase in octane means it will boost your octane rating from 90 to 91. It gets more difficult though because some use RON and some use MON and they both mean different things. About the most an octane booster can really provide in the maximum mixture ratio will boost your octane rating about 2-3 (90-93 in terms of the number you see on the pump).

Top Bottom