Anybody tow their standups with a manual transmission car?

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
i used to tow with an audi A3, and before that i had a ford fiesta 1.6 si...

i dont think you will have any issues

automatics are def a north american thing, most cases in europe everyone drives manual

Last edited:
I primarly drive nothing but manual trans vehicles if I can help it. I have towed and hauled just about anything you can imagine. I used to regularly launch my 20 ft boat with a F-250 that had no parking brake... No problems just stay calm and smooth...

I also towed a couple of huge couches behind a 4 banger ranger with with no e-brake... Again no problem...

Penken

whoomp there it is!
if your car can pull 2000lbs why would there be a problem pulling less than 1000lbs.
you can pull boats with manuals. my GFs dad pulls boats with his fwd VW passat. it works.

also towed with a 1986 5 speed 4 door accord.192k mi and lots of rust.pretty sure the trailer and skis combo was worth way much more for some reason.:bigok:
got pushed at intersections occasionally by the trailer as well.hilarious.:no:

There should be no problems. As long as your proficient with a clutch. Manuals actually handle towing better than automatics in most cases.

I have no problem with manuals, i deff used a manual jeep wrangler a lot to launch my jet ski.

But worth noting, Endo is wrong, Automatics are better at towing. They can tow more for one thing, dont really wanna go over all the benefits when you can google it.

I have no problem with manuals, i deff used a manual jeep wrangler a lot to launch my jet ski.

But worth noting, Endo is wrong, Automatics are better at towing. They can tow more for one thing, dont really wanna go over all the benefits when you can google it.

i don't think he meant to say manual are better for towing,just that they survive towing better than auto.less slippage and heat.

I primarly drive nothing but manual trans vehicles if I can help it. I have towed and hauled just about anything you can imagine. I used to regularly launch my 20 ft boat with a F-250 that had no parking brake... No problems just stay calm and smooth...

I also towed a couple of huge couches behind a 4 banger ranger with with no e-brake... Again no problem...

did you need to have a friend help since you had no e brake, or did you just kill the engine and put it in first gear?

Endo

Non-tree hugger

Is that personal experience or keyboard experience that your saying I am wrong?

Top Bottom