anyone ever use 3m 8115

Jaguar use it to fix there body panels these days no more spot welds,
have also seen a bonnet scoop on a drag car fitted using this stuff as well as a roof repair where the panel was glued in place with this stuff. All I can say is make sure you get your parts in the right place FIRST time.

Cheers
Matty

G

Goose

my local supplyer will lend out a gun for it so i think it mite be worth a shot

similar to fusor.works well on non structural items.i'm not sure about motor plates in fiberglass though.
try it and let us know in a year or two.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yep, $70 for the gun, or just borrow one from your local paint supply store. Don't use it on anything you plan on taking off in the near future :biggrin: We used it to glue the motor mounts in on the FX-1000, still holding strong.

There you go.

Hey Goose, I am going to UPS today to send some stuff to Paul, let me know if you want me to ship it out to you.

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
That stuff is awesome! The absolute best for putting on tubbies. Mine have been on for 2+ years (with no screws and not glassed over) using only the 8115 to bond them to my SJ. No cracks or separation. Not cheap, but worth it.

That stuff is awesome! The absolute best for putting on tubbies. Mine have been on for 2+ years (with no screws and not glassed over) using only the 8115 to bond them to my SJ. No cracks or separation. Not cheap, but worth it.

really???

that is one of the reasons I didnt tubbie the f1 right off the bat....

what did you do, just grind the tubs to fit the countour of the hull..try and basically make them sit flush???

what color is it???

Top Bottom