Freestyle Anyone ever used the automatic bilges in an SJ?

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Pump turns on when water level reaches 2-3/4"

I've never run this pump, but ^^^ is a lot of water. More than I'd want hanging out with no pump on yet. When I am in harsh conditions my bilge pump just stays on. That's automatic enough for me. I've even left it on by accident for the whole trailer ride home. Pump and battery had no issues with that.

ttown180

Fun in the Sun
In freshwater I don't think it would be a problem, but in salt water I can see it sticking in a week or so.

everyone seems to do the gluing method, surf or not...

dang that is high levels of water before activation, wonder if anyone has a lower level or if theres a way to change when it turns on, and remember it turns on when at 2 and 3/4s but 1 inch in the whole bay could be 2 3/4s when the nose is up a bit(which it is mostly while riding)

SKI TILL I DIE!

YUMMMMMMMY
use this one instead:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|84462|315207&id=84716

I have one of those and a regular Rule 500 in my ski. I leave the automatic one on if the ski is just floating in the water (not riding) for the leaky scupper.

The thing i don't like about the rule autos is that i believe they work on a timer...the 500 turns on every 2.5 min. and runs until the water is gone. That just seems too long of an interval and it would probably leave me worried all the time..especially in the surf.

i use the old style 1100gph auto. never had an issue. it only fits in the front between the motor and gas tank i dont have to glue it down cuz it fits so tight between. all has been good for 4 years now.

ttown180

Fun in the Sun
i use the old style 1100gph auto. never had an issue. it only fits in the front between the motor and gas tank i dont have to glue it down cuz it fits so tight between. all has been good for 4 years now.

hmm thats not a bad idea

would the 2.5 minute auto rule 500 be alright for flatwater? i mean the battery should be okay...would you run two? I just want to avoid all wires and switches to keep the stock look, and not let things get messy

SKI TILL I DIE!

YUMMMMMMMY
hmm thats not a bad idea

I just want to avoid all wires and switches to keep the stock look, and not let things get messy

I leave my attwood 500 GPH on all the time and im running an "ok" 50$ lead acid battery from interstate batteries. I was skeptical of this idea for a while and always worried about my battery, but the truth is i've had it on for hours and my ski will still start. Search about this and you will find a bunch of threads about the best switch and everyone just says to leave it on. sometimes its kinda a pain, but it works for me...

Just wanted to throw the idea out there..

ttown180

Fun in the Sun
yeah no doubt, that sounds like the best route, id like to rig double 500 auto rules and just leavem on while riding...

i have one of these in one ski. it's nice to leave the ski floating for a while and not worry about it (though it's not ever taken on enough water to come on). i still use the s/s mounted switch when riding though.

Top Bottom