Anyone hear how Mike Serlin is doing?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I just worry about people until I hear that they are doing ok after a bad accident, we are only flesh and bones after all.:usa2:

Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
from what i understand that guy took it like a man and wasnt even too phased. it was just a compound fracture..ha
mike :You_Rock_Emoticon:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
He is doing better. He has surgery on Wed, doc said everything went well. :Banane01:
Unfortunately Mike is in a bit of pain. They are upping his dosage on Mortphine, apparently he has an amunity to the stuff.:439:
All in all he seems to have a good attitude about the whole thing. It should only get better from here on out. He should be leaving the hospitle Mon or Tues, and I'm sure he will chime in when he is back home at his computer.

He has been quite the trooper on this one, Get well buddy!! :crutches:

P

PancakePete

Get well Mike! Has a video or picture of his huge backflip been posted yet?

There will be a ton of Pics and Vid from Fullgaz.com

Ludo Is the Man !

Cant wait to see...

I talked to mike... He is doing ok...

I wish him the best.... I am sure he will let us know after he gets
the rods in his leg !:biggthumpup:

Get well Mike....
He had the biggest backy I have ever seen by far !

Mike took third in last year's Surf Slam and is a professional stunt man...works the lead part (The Mariner) in the Water World show at Universal Studios in Sothern California.

As LBE said, Mike's doing pretty good, especially considering what he went through. I just put an update on he and Jerry Brandon on the Pismo thread. Both flat landed huge back flips during the competition and injured themselves.

Here's Mikey: YouTube - Pro Jetski Freeride Video Highlights of Mike Serlin

YouTube - Michael Serlin in Waterworld

Last edited:
Awsome Vid Lisa.... I cant believe one year ago I was watching vidios like that wishing I could do those things... Today I can, just not quite as well... Huge inspiration from guys like Mike. Anyone who wants it bad enough, can have it.

Mike, you are the man. Get well soon.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Could someone elaborate on what happened? I'm a little out of the loop. Thanks.

Doug
30-40 foot high, then a broken leg. I personally did not know what had happened until he came in to the beach.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Repost from another thread on what happened to the guys:

Jerry Brandon shattered his ankle on a flat landed backey - not just broke, but shattered...surgery is pending, probably will happen this coming Wednesday. Will update when I get more info. Trouper that he is, he refused to go to the hospital.....we wheeled him around the event site on a beach cart for the balance of the day while his foot swelled and turned all sorts of pretty colors.

Mike Serlin also flat landed a HUGE backey (quite possibly the biggest one all weekend estimated at 35-40') resulting in a compound fracture to the left tib/fib, and put his front teeth through his lower lip leaving a nice chunk of it for chumm in the surf. Also split his left brow open in 1/4 finals...Repair work leave him still looking like his gorgeous self.

XFT LOU

1 hp./1.83lbs
Sorry to hear the bad news. I never met him but he pm'ed me on my ski build last spring helping me make my allatoon dead line. I read he has a bit in Travas Pastramas( total sp.) "nitro circus". Get well!

mouvax

X
i felt kind of bad when i've known this jump turned bad, i don't really like to see friends hurted. hope he's doing better now.
here is the photo of his jump before he crashed, and another one from "nitro circus"...

tom21

havin fun
WOW that is up there a ways isn't it? maybe two layers of 25mm pad? I can call Air Ride and see about baggin the tray.

speedy recovery!

what if there was some sort of way to have the bottom part of the tray disconected from sides and have like a spring that goes down a couple inches for when you land hard?

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
i felt kind of bad when i've known this jump turned bad, i don't really like to see friends hurted. hope he's doing better now.
here is the photo of his jump before he crashed, and another one from "nitro circus"...

I don't think Mike will mind that you posted it. It would be worse if no one captured it.

Top Bottom