Anyone recognize this FX1

texh20racer

Waterlogged
I am looking into purchasing this FX1 and it has no Hins on it or anything. So I just wanted to know if anyone knows about it or if it was stolen or anything like that.

Attachments

• fx1.jpg
    fx1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 196
I am looking into purchasing this FX1 and it has no Hins on it or anything. So I just wanted to know if anyone knows about it or if it was stolen or anything like that.
Is the hood hacked and reglassed on the inside to clear a stock exhaust? I came across an FX-1 with no HINs a while back and the guy that ended up with it was planning on painting it with colors like that one.

EDIT: The pole was filled with foam as well.

Last edited:
are you in texas?cause texas parks and wildlife dept are very difficult to deal with.they arent cooperative.but no HINs could be a good thing.just tell seller you cant get it registered and therfore cant ride it,so really its only a $500 ski :)

KR

www.krlines.com
He painted the rails, he had to pull it off. FX1 vin #'s are on the rear starboard corner of the hull. The other one is mounted on the port side firewall.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
Well someone got to it before me, which is good because it was a 5hr drive each way and I was lazy, but the guy didn't know ANYTHING about ski's he said he thought it was a yamaha ( it still had the stock pipe with HUGE yamaha written on it). He wanted $500 for it but I bet I could have gotten it for $200 ish. Oh well win some loose some but I hope someone who knows about ski's got it.

i am looking into purchasing this fx1 and it has no hins on it or anything. So i just wanted to know if anyone knows about it or if it was stolen or anything like that.
i just picked it up. Its still sitting in the back of the truck. And yes yes yes it does have the hin number. You should have seen the look on the guys face pricesless. I paid four hundred for it.

thanks folks. i pulled the plugs and tried to start it nothing happened. but.... i briged the coil and gess what. booyow!!!! so im guessing i will start with the ignition swith and work my way back

The Penguin

triple secret probation
at the e-box, there are 4 wires you need to look for.

a brown & red pair, and a black and white pair. about 4-6" outside the box, each pair will have a plug.

you can unplug the b/w pair and try to start the ski - if it starts, your stop button needs repairing. you'll have to choke the engine to kill it if it starts this way.

you can also use a tester and test the "switch end" of those wires for continuity. Hook a test lead to each wire (reb/brown or black/white) - if you have continuity before pressing a button - it needs repairing. If you press the button and have continuity, it works. If you press the button and it doesn't - it needs work. Repeat for the other button.

well i got the title. did it through the tax office instead of tdpw. sooo much easier. i need to install a flush kit on it so i can work on it without burning the thing up. only problem is i cant get intouch with any one to get one or instructions on how to install it. any one have pics of one installed on stock motor. any help would be appreciated.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
there should be a waterline going from the bulkhead to the bottom of the exhaust manifold on the port (left) side of the ski.

cut that hose, and install the flush kit in that line.

Top Bottom