Anyone ride in Sandusky, Ohio?

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
I'm going to be in Sandusky for a 2 day conference for work on Thursday and Friday of this week. I'm considering taking my ski and hitting the lake Thursday night, but I am unfamiliar with the area and wondered if anyone on here rode
near Sandusky and knew a "stand-up friendly" place to launch and ride?

I'm still not sure if I'm going to bring the ski or not....I'm staying at the Kalahari Resort which has an indoor water park, so that could be fun to do on Thursday night, too. :Banane01:

I lived in Huron/Sandusky but I am currently down in NC. I know there is a public ramp on the west side of downtown on the corner of W. Water Street and Shelby St. As far as a riding spot I am not too sure, I used to keep my ski on the beach in Huron and ride over there. As for riding partner, I dont know too many stand-up riders around the area so I cant really help there either.

I lived in Huron/Sandusky but I am currently down in NC. I know there is a public ramp on the west side of downtown on the corner of W. Water Street and Shelby St. As far as a riding spot I am not too sure, I used to keep my ski on the beach in Huron and ride over there. As for riding partner, I dont know too many stand-up riders around the area so I cant really help there either.

where at on huron? i grew up in mi and used to go up to caseville all the time.actualy thinkin on headin that way end of aug. beginin of sept. moms b-friend has a cottage and friends of the family have cottages right on the lake.

Dempseys Access is the closest public launch. It is on Marblehead. Put your ski in and head north about 5 minutes, go under the bridge, to your right you will see the sand bar. Look for the boats anchored offshore on your left hand side. Johnsons Island will be to your right. Cedar Point will be straight ahead. Worth the trip.

Last edited:

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
Dempseys Access is the closest public launch. It is on Marblehead. Put your ski in and head north about 5 minutes, go under the bridge to your right you will see sand bar. Look for the boats anchored offshore on your left hand side. Johnsons Island will be to your right. Cedar Point will be straight ahead. Worth the trip.

Cool, I'll check it out.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
I will be at the sand bar saturday. Let me know if you can make it.

I won't be up there Saturday, sorry. I am back home now. I
was staying at the Kalahari Resort for a conference
on Thursday and Friday. I took off about 4:30pm Thursday when the
conference sessions were over, and put in at Dempsey's Access.

There were lots of storms blowing through, so the Sandusky bay
had lots of 1-2' waves, so I was able to play around for about and hour
and get some pretty good air.

Rode over to Cedar Point and watched the Millennium Force for a
bit (you can get within about 100 feet of it from the lake).

Is the sandbar you are talking about right across from Cedar Point, almost directly west of it? There was an area there that looked like it was all sandbars, but it was completely deserted on Thursday afternoon.

Actually, I only saw 3 boats out the whole time I was out. I couldn't
believe how dead it was....probably because of the rain.

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
Dempseys Access is the closest public launch. It is on Marblehead. Put your ski in and head north about 5 minutes, go under the bridge, to your right you will see the sand bar. Look for the boats anchored offshore on your left hand side. Johnsons Island will be to your right. Cedar Point will be straight ahead. Worth the trip.

If I headed NORTH from Dempey's access, I would be running back into the
boat ramp. You are launching due south, I thought.

As I left the ramp, I went to my left (east) and went under
a bridge. I then turned right and rode south back toward Sandusky
until I could see Cedar Point to my left (there was shallow water and
a big channel marker there). I think that is the sandbar you are talking about?

Top Bottom