anyone run a stock pole with lowered hood/nose? (SJ)

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
I just got my hands on a sweet XFT hood and nose. i was going to run my stock shortened pole with it... i mocked it up and it looks like the pole is going to stick above the hood and look funny.

anyone else run a stocker like this? got pics?

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
mcdog runs a wdk diablo hood with a stock, shortened pole. looks fine on his. check his build thread for pics.

hate to burst your bubble but in my experiences stock pole doesnt work with xft hood the pole hits the hood right at the front and only will allow the pole to go about halfway down just my experience, rrp pole is sweet tho!!

Pablo

Site Supporter
i've got an AC aluminum pole (uncut) that I'm gonna pull off my ski and sell. I can send or post some pics if ur interested. $225 shipped.

Last edited:

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
I just got my hands on a sweet XFT hood and nose. i was going to run my stock shortened pole with it... i mocked it up and it looks like the pole is going to stick above the hood and look funny.

anyone else run a stocker like this? got pics?

Not sure about the width of the channels like mentioned above on the XFT. Measure it. If the stock pole will fit, buy a lowered bracket and you are good to go. Until you can afford an after market pole. I went with an X-Medal pole on mine -2 and love it. The RRP pole is cool but not sure it is worth the dollars. Just my 2 cents.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
hate to burst your bubble but in my experiences stock pole doesnt work with xft hood the pole hits the hood right at the front and only will allow the pole to go about halfway down just my experience, rrp pole is sweet tho!!

what model XFT hood was that? i have the X-7 i just mocked it up on my fiance's ski with a lowered bracket and AC pole and it went down no prob... when comparing her AC to my stocker, the base that mounts in the bracket does not look that much thicker...

Not sure about the width of the channels like mentioned above on the XFT. Measure it. If the stock pole will fit, buy a lowered bracket and you are good to go. Until you can afford an after market pole. I went with an X-Medal pole on mine -2 and love it. The RRP pole is cool but not sure it is worth the dollars. Just my 2 cents.

i was planning on making a lowered billet bracket instead of buying one to save $$$. ill measure the channel in the hood and the pole and hope it fits! i have my ski tore apart right now to design my bracket... i think i should put my pole on her ski and see how/if it fits with her lowered bracket!

thanks for all the replys!

lowered pole on WCF hood. It fits, but it does stick out above the hood channel about an inch. Looks like the pole on the red ski. Silver one isn't pushed down all the way
attachment.php

Pablo

Site Supporter
lowered pole on WCF hood. It fits, but it does stick out above the hood channel about an inch. Looks like the pole on the red ski. Silver one isn't pushed down all the way
attachment.php

what kind of hoods are those?..............never mind, i read ur post again. clean look to hood/nose/pole and paint.

Last edited:
the hood kit i used was an x 4 kit the reason that the stock pole hit was because upon close inspection the channel where the hood sits down on was a tiny little off centre and a touch steeper on one side it only hit on one side so i dont know if the mould was out a touch im only talkin the smallest amount to that it would hit. hopefully your x7 will be sweet though !!

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
I have a Blowsion Kenney hood on my new SJ. Do not know what a stock pole is. Well... expect for the one on my wifes ski. But I have not rode that turd in years. All three of my others have AF poles. UMI on my SXR. AC on my Square and X-Metal on my RN.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
the hood kit i used was an x 4 kit the reason that the stock pole hit was because upon close inspection the channel where the hood sits down on was a tiny little off centre and a touch steeper on one side it only hit on one side so i dont know if the mould was out a touch im only talkin the smallest amount to that it would hit. hopefully your x7 will be sweet though !!

i have the pole and hood in my truck, im gonna set it all up tonight when i get home and check it out... it looks like if it does clear, its gonna be close! maybe ill post some pics : )

thanks again everyone!

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
it fits!

well, it looks like im in the clear. :Banane09:

It only has about 1/4" clearance at the base of the pole to the hood when all the way down. the plastic cover on the base of the pole is going to need trimming, but thats no prob. The hood has about 2" of padding stuck on it to keep the bars from hitting the hood. i still think it looks a little funny with the bend in the pole not matching the hood lines, and because of how far above the hood the pole is. but im over it, im just gonna run it! maybe if i win the lotto ill get a sexy lookin X metal!

anyway, here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC02016.jpg
    DSC02016.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02018.jpg
    DSC02018.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02020.jpg
    DSC02020.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC02023.jpg