Blaster Anyone tried Frogzskins over the tops of the intake tubes?

I am trying to minimize water getting into my engine bay because I keep getting water in my carb. So far, I put the oem flame arrestor back on, have a coupler cover on, and just bought some versiplugs. But, I am wondering if anyone has tried putting frogzskins over the tops of the black rubber intake tubes to reduce water getting through. It seems if it even keeps a little water out, it would be worth it. Im just wondering if it will restrict air flow too much. Anyone have experience with this?

As I stated in your other post,not worth the time. Not very effective since they work better on other than horizontal plane. To intall them you have to remove your tubes,discard the lower tube, place Frogskinz over opening and hope the water runs off. Tubes and factory flame arrestor are very effective, after you install versi plugs I don't expect you'll have any more issues as the water will evacuate quickly.

Last edited:
With the frogs mounted on an angled or vertical plane I have not experienced saturation,they clear quickly, I guess you have. If your outwears become saturated you have a serious issue in your engine compartment, either lack of proper drainage or excessive intrusion and no coupler cover IMO. OP, I don't see the frogs helping you on you B1,like I said before,the versi plug install should eliminate your issues.

With the frogs mounted on an angled or vertical plane I have not experienced saturation,they clear quickly, I guess you have. If your outwears become saturated you have a serious issue in your engine compartment, either lack of proper drainage or excessive intrusion and no coupler cover IMO. OP, I don't see the frogs helping you on you B1,like I said before,the versi plug install should eliminate your issues.

nah..my :):):):)s water tight

just been there and done that with both those products and neither one work "as advertised"

I use an OEM hoodseal...a maniac strap...single bilge + 1 way .......the bilge doesnt spit unless were shark teasin (aka floating)

outerwears hold water after just a few rides....thongskins pass and retain water..... and scuppers suck

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I was kind of thinking of having them mounted vertically by adding an elbow to the front tube or somethin. Do they restrict airflow a lot? I am waiting to get the versiplugs shipped now, but just seein what other options are out there

The way they mount is with an adhesive strip on the outer diameter of the fabric so a solid surface is needed. I have not noticed a reduction in airflow, I know others that use them on their hoods and they have not had issues either.

nah..my :):):):)s water tight

just been there and done that with both those products and neither one work "as advertised"

I use an OEM hoodseal...a maniac strap...single bilge + 1 way .......the bilge doesnt spit unless were shark teasin (aka floating)

outerwears hold water after just a few rides....thongskins pass and retain water..... and scuppers suck

Thats too bad, I have not had any of the issues you describe, guess I'm not hitting it hard enough. I cant remember the last time I used my bilge pumps, probably just remove them. Versi Plugs have worked very well for me,Frogskins performance on the horizontal plane of the B1 hood is questionable at best. Never had an issue with lack air, but I'm only using taper bored Riva 44's. Water intrusion, evacuation was just a general statement applicable to others and possibly the OP.

Last edited:

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
been running the versi plugs for a while now. love them. bilge never spits anymore. i also enarged the holes in the bulkhead so the water get to the back asap.
that and the stock airbox has been the best. it still happens occasionally though., its just the nature of the beast!

I'll probably enlarge those bulkhead holes too. About how much did you enlarge them? I'll have to get in there and see if I can do it cleanly with the engine still in there.

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
helps to install some window screen material behind the plugs so things like zip ties won't get lodged back there and hold the ball open. I've been running two of them in my surf ski for years now and have never had an issue with them. keeps the hull nice and dry.

Being down this road myself,frogz skin,2 bilges front and rear,hood seals and versiplugs,for me the versiplugs were the last item i went for,we're the cheapest and the answer!i ride surf only too.
And it's water in you carb and not splashing on the leads and brecking down????

Top Bottom