SX/SXi/SXi Pro anyone used r&d pipe on a sxi

jkirkland

jkirkland
Have any of you used a R&D pipe on you sx or sxi? How about a coffman that makes a hard right turn in front of the cylinder? I have a factory pipe but I need something to hold me over until I can buy a new head pipe or have mine repaired. I also plan on using one of these pipes on a back up ski. Thanks--Jason--

Hi, I put an R&D pipe on my 98SXI PRO. I think its a mod pipe, lots of mid and top, but not enough bottom end. I don't even know if my water lines are correctly routed. I recently added a Jet Works valve to try and get some bottom back. Weather turned before i could test it. I also put in a cut back 9/17 impeller to help. I'm even considering going to a 48mm single carb. I've heard they hit harder on the bottom. True?

Last edited:
running the same set up on my 750sx, like salsa lots of mid and good top, bottoms not bad! msd,prop and freestyle cone helped a lot!!

salsa water lines are hooked the same as mine! Im running dual cooling doesnt look like you are from what i see!

Last edited:

Flyin-A

'93 750sx
I run a single 46 super BN/K&N with with a R&D intake,exhaust manifold pipe set-up. Engine is all original(never cracked open). The pipe added 25-30% more power. I have a 13-19 prop(I think). Lots of mid/low to high power. Sometimes scarry when I get tired.

Bottom line.....hauls azzz for me.

Cylinder is getting a fresh over bore this year.
New MSD ignition and coil to go with.

I had a r&d pipe on my 93 sx, only problem was i got dirt in the exhaust manifold and i ept blowing out the heavy duty silicone coupler, but i got rid of the ski, i think coffmans one piece pipe is the way to go , the r and d looks cool but in the long run go for the coffmans

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
ive got a coffman Rocket Mod pipe. Tons to Top end....scary sometimes. mid isnt bad. with more compression, the pipe works alot better. the bottom end on my ski is good, wel good enough for me. ive got a X2 nozzle (not sure of the bore, but i know its bigger than stock) and a stubby pump cone(that helped). its got plenty of power to launch u off of boat wakes... as for flat water back flips and barrel rolls...most likly not gonna happen. i also put a water restricter to the rear silencer (the part that goes just past the carbs). and that helped too

I have a R@D pipe. I love it. good mid to top end but not as much bottom end as I would like.

The other mods on my ski are: Works extended ride plate,R@D intake scoop grate, wet wolf cone, R@D intake manifold, 44sbn mikuni, prok air filter, bored exit nozzle.

I think if I got a good low in prop the ski would be perfect. I would deff by a R@D pipe again.

Top Bottom