Apple air Tags

I was just informed by law enforcement if your apple tag says your ski is in my garage. There isn't a damn thing you or they can do about it. You would have to petition the court in a civil matter to get a warrant.

Lot of good that will do you

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Just break in and steal it back

If it was an aftermarket hull. And you didn't do dur diligence beforehand. There isn't much law enforcement could do.

Exactly why you should insure the ski. You get to not care when it rolls in the 10ft wave and gets taken away. Don't care when it sits in bed of your truck in Oakland. Don't care when you leave it in your driveway for 2 weeks when your out of town.

Or you could do a ton of other things that aren't going to matter when it really hits the fan. You can come on here and tell everyone how sad you are that your ski sunk or got stolen. And I'm just gonna tell you your dumb for not insuring it.

Lol. The funniest thing I've read on this site is a guy saying his insurance agent told him a stand up has more claims than a sit down. Thats how you know these people are full of it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Why not just knock on the door and tell them you know your ski is there? If they don't let you take it home now, you'll wait out front for the police to arrive. I can't imagine many thieves would want to deal with police.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Why not just knock on the door and tell them you know your ski is there? If they don't let you take it home now, you'll wait out front for the police to arrive. I can't imagine many thieves would want to deal with police.
Well doesn't that just make to much damn sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I strapped an asset tracker to my ski under the battery straps. I picked one up from GoTrack.com. It reports every 5 minutes when the device/ski is moving and every 12 hours when its not moving. $200 for a years worth of unlimited data. I just pull it off when I ride so I dont submerge it with water or risk it coming off and bouncing around inside but the devices are water tight. The guys there said they use it on their side by sides and hauling trailers but also have customers using them for lawn and landscape trailers and equipment etc which are outside all of the time in the elements. I liked this device too because I can toss it in my utility trailer when I'm on vacation or gone for a while (it sits outside). I looked into the airtags too but like mentioned before eventually it tells the person a tag is nearby.

Last selling point on these GoTrack asset trackers for me was I can set it up to have alerts emailed and sent as a text for the First movement of each day. So the first time this thing moves each day, I am notified by text and email! To me that was worth the $200 each year. About $.55 cents to know where my ski is at all times. Worth checking out for those interested in protecting against theft.

Attachments

• brap.JPG
    brap.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 10

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I strapped an asset tracker to my ski under the battery straps. I picked one up from GoTrack.com. It reports every 5 minutes when the device/ski is moving and every 12 hours when its not moving. $200 for a years worth of unlimited data. I just pull it off when I ride so I dont submerge it with water or risk it coming off and bouncing around inside but the devices are water tight. The guys there said they use it on their side by sides and hauling trailers but also have customers using them for lawn and landscape trailers and equipment etc which are outside all of the time in the elements. I liked this device too because I can toss it in my utility trailer when I'm on vacation or gone for a while (it sits outside). I looked into the airtags too but like mentioned before eventually it tells the person a tag is nearby.

Last selling point on these GoTrack asset trackers for me was I can set it up to have alerts emailed and sent as a text for the First movement of each day. So the first time this thing moves each day, I am notified by text and email! To me that was worth the $200 each year. About $.55 cents to know where my ski is at all times. Worth checking out for those interested in protecting against theft.
when is the next ski video coming out?! :D

Top Bottom