Are tubbies better for flatwater or surf?

im not running tubbies at the moment because im not convinced its worth the money for my riding. i can slash super deep now and im not subbing accidentally.
imo its a crutch, may save you if you do something wrong. i am pretty light @ 135 so i could definetly see how it would help if you had more weight.

someday.. maybe...

at 135lbs... you probably really don't need them. Christ you could probably float in the tray... he he he j/k

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
After reading this im starting to worry that I put them a bit to low... but oh well... =[

I epoxied them to the hull first, while leaving them hollow and then covered them in 7oz kevlar. No gettin them off without gettin messy.

wydopen

onthepipe
After reading this im starting to worry that I put them a bit to low... but oh well... =[

I epoxied them to the hull first, while leaving them hollow and then covered them in 7oz kevlar. No gettin them off without gettin messy.

i didnt feel like arguing with these guys but the lower the better IMO...i hate the tubbie 2s (and yes i have skis with both 1s and 2s on it. The 2s will soon be filled to be like 1s)

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
I've been thinking of filling my 2's. why do you like the 1's better?

the twos seem to break free entering your turn like the 1s but then hook up as you are finishing off your turn and throw off your balance..it feels kinda like its pushing the tail out too fast cause the nose is hooked up but the back isnt (im talking on a wave face here)

when going down the line on a hollow wave the 1s let the front of the ski wonder a bit up and down allowing you to be neutral on the ski and the 2s stay stuck to the wave face more and you get some weird steering feedback and stuff..it makes the ski feel like its gonna get sucked over the falls with the lip

thats what ive noticed and id say i have at least 20rides on the 2s but 1s have been on all my personal skis

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
the twos seem to break free entering your turn like the 1s but then hook up as you are finishing off your turn and throw off your balance (im talking on a wave face here)

when going down the line on a hollow wave the 1s let the front of the ski wonder a bit up and down allowing you to be neutral on the ski and the 2s stay stuck to the wave face more and you get some weird steering feedback and stuff..it makes the ski feel like its gonna get sucked over the falls with the lip
yep, I'm going to try filling them in.

Top Bottom