Are you helping the sport grow? Or watching it die??

I'd like to think I'm doing my part to help the sport grow. I keep a spreadsheet of all the ski's to come through me.. If anything just to keep track. I try my best to track names (omitted) and color code their status. So many of those Green's (and yellows) have gone to long time friends, or recently new to me friends.. friends I've collected from years of other hobbies, drifting, video games, school. Friend's that this may be their only ski they ever own.. but they're involved, or friends that got bit by the bug and now have standups as well.

Being recently new to skis, but coming from over a decade of Drifting, instructing, judging event's, helping others... believe me I understand the in's and out's of male Gymnastics like sports. I'd again genuinely like to think I'm doing my part here. I couldn't be more excited to nerd out on this stuff and do fun builds etc.

1725383715585.png

So.. that answer's the first question. How about the "or watching it die?"

1725384300318.png
1725384414860.png

I saw this, which just has to be targeting my 1100B1 thread...
If I didn't call this out I would just be watching this sport die.

No bud, We can all do things and learn our own lessons. Your thread isn't a bible for building a ski.
This continued behavior is why this sport will die. We should all be here to help one another. Not bragging about our successes from decades past to a empty group of mourners.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I'd like to think I'm doing my part to help the sport grow. I keep a spreadsheet of all the ski's to come through me.. If anything just to keep track. I try my best to track names (omitted) and color code their status. So many of those Green's (and yellows) have gone to long time friends, or recently new to me friends.. friends I've collected from years of other hobbies, drifting, video games, school. Friend's that this may be their only ski they ever own.. but they're involved, or friends that got bit by the bug and now have standups as well.

Being recently new to skis, but coming from over a decade of Drifting, instructing, judging event's, helping others... believe me I understand the in's and out's of male Gymnastics like sports. I'd again genuinely like to think I'm doing my part here. I couldn't be more excited to nerd out on this stuff and do fun builds etc.

View attachment 450808

So.. that answer's the first question. How about the "or watching it die?"

View attachment 450809
View attachment 450810

I saw this, which just has to be targeting my 1100B1 thread...
If I didn't call this out I would just be watching this sport die.

No bud, We can all do things and learn our own lessons. Your thread isn't a bible for building a ski.
This continued behavior is why this sport will die. We should all be here to help one another. Not bragging about our successes from decades past to a empty group of mourners.
I can't be the only one here that is really confused right now.

Top Bottom