Surfriding At what temp outside and water does everyone pack it up for the season?

Im from Boston MA and the waves are always great in New England during the fall and winter. Wondering if anyone rides all yr around here. Gets as cold as 0 degrees F in winter with water temps probably 38 degrees.
Looked at a coiple suites as well:
LINK
LINK

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
most ppl on here will tell u if the water isnt frozen theyll ride in it. ive been out in febuary in jus a 4/3 wetsuit, gloves, booties, an hood. im sure its alot better with a 6mm suit but i lived

Fro Diesel

creative control
When the lake freezes. I have been out in 36 air temp and 36 water in lake Michigan. Done a few new years day rides.

sent from Fro Diesel using tapatalk2

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
My coldest ride was 50 ish outside and water was in the mid 40's. Not very much fun. Hurts the head and face when going under a bit. But as long as the air temp isn't so cold as to freeze up throttle and steering cables I guess.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I use the 100 degree rule for flatwater and 110 for surf.

If the air and water add to 100 I'll ride flat and won't get wet.
If the air and water add to 110, I'll ride waves.

Going to hook up my heater system in the next week or so (Canadian hand and foot warmers). Just run your spitters onto your hands and feet....awesome.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I use the 100 degree rule for flatwater and 110 for surf.

If the air and water add to 100 I'll ride flat and won't get wet.
If the air and water add to 110, I'll ride waves.

Going to hook up my heater system in the next week or so (Canadian hand and foot warmers). Just run your spitters onto your hands and feet....awesome.

ever have a problem with the cooling lines kinking coming up the pole, Im going to try this next month

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
I used to pack it up when the lake froze completely across, until I found the surf, and now I never pack it up!

Top Bottom