Australian Made 08 Carbon superjet

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Hi, Just thought i would give you a sneak peek of what we are working on in Australia.
These will be 08 based carbon fibre superjets and yes they are mainley all carbon fibre not fiberglass with carbon ski, they are injection vacum bag moulded, i think i just ride it LOL
we hope to have some more soon as we are probabley just selling locally to get the freeride thing happening over here.
I suppose we are still working on a price so i will let the market tell us what they are willing to pay???
cheers and i will keep you updated.
and yes we will be looking at doing a flatwater boat as well similar to the style of the rickter but that will come later and will be our design :)

Attachments

• carbon superjet 005.jpg
    carbon superjet 005.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 115
  • carbon superjet 006.jpg
    carbon superjet 006.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 109
  • carbon superjet 009.jpg
    carbon superjet 009.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 172
  • carbon superjet 011.jpg
    carbon superjet 011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 192
  • carbon superjet 012.jpg
    carbon superjet 012.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 284

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
more pics, yes ride plate is not finished just needs some surboard resign to make it look bling on the underside or we could just paint it black LOL
and also there is a pic of our race boat conversion......
we are still working on the chines as we have them very deep but for our surf model will run the 07 style chine just a smidge deeper for a better rail on the face of a wave as i hate sliding and love to rip the face of a wave.
any thoughts would be good as we are still testing
:)

Attachments

• carbon superjet 015.jpg
    carbon superjet 015.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 244
  • carbon superjet 016.jpg
    carbon superjet 016.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 184
  • carbon superjet 023.jpg
    carbon superjet 023.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 158
  • carbon superjet 031.jpg
    carbon superjet 031.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 193
  • carbon superjet 033.jpg
    carbon superjet 033.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 212

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
FAQ's
The pump bolts, ride plate are already installed just need to be drilled and tapped this was fresh from the mould.

the firewall and all the engine mounts are one piece, we just drill a 4 inch tube for a scupper, same for the exhaust.

we use that pink stuff that the epoxy gets sucked through for the sides, pump area , top deck and pole mount area and behind the firewall for strength. its like dyvinecell i think :),
like i said i ride any tech stuff i will get from the builder and post as soon as i know......

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Very impressive work!

I'm amazed that those internal hull mounts turned out that well with a single layer of carbon on top.

How much does the complete hull weigh?

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
We have to buy a better system to weigh them...i believe they are around the 35 kg mark with turf, lifters , exhaust ect but we have one with no turf and lifters ready end of next week so i will post a pic of what it weighs, we are still just sorting out all the bugs....will keep you posted , can anyone tell me what the malone / xft / rickter flatwater models weigh????

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
We have to buy a better system to weigh them...i believe they are around the 35 kg mark with turf, lifters , exhaust ect but we have one with no turf and lifters ready end of next week so i will post a pic of what it weighs, we are still just sorting out all the bugs....will keep you posted , can anyone tell me what the malone / xft / rickter flatwater models weigh????

My Rickter fiberglass hull and hood was 113.55 lbs on the shipping scale. The 'unofficial' advertised weight was 94 lbs, hull and hood. I was pretty disappointed about this, but I will add mine has been reinforced per RRP's recommendations after world finals (I have one of the first run hulls).

As for the carbon, no idea.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
btw - impressive work! Last winter I started undertaking the same project... quickly realized I would be unable to follow through because of time constraints.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Crazy work! Looks great. If someone would just do this and keep the prices affordable, they would have a hell of alot of business.

Have you ever added up the cost of materials? That is HUGE cost, especially with the carbon. No cheap way about it... Plus it being very labor intensive. I can justify spending the money knowing this information.

Top Bottom