Other B pipe coupler substitutes

The Penguin

triple secret probation
not sure about locally, but I think someone found a product from McMaster Carr.

I seem to remember something about using tubing for diesel turbo applications as a local substitute.

you'll have to do a search here to learn more.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Last edited:
If its the same as the hightempsilicone.com stuff I was able to get before they went under then yea I agree it was really really good...

One day the coupler ripped and I wanted to ride so I called everyone. Nobody locally had an extra coupler. I drove to the local pepboys and found a silicone coupler for a car intake. It's made by Spectre, is black in color, and believe it's the 4" diameter that you want. Cost $9. I used the clamps from the b-pipe as they looked a little stronger. My intention was to ride with it and order a real coupler....that was over a year ago. It went from my fx-1 to my wife's SJ and is still holding up.

Only thing is after the first ride it kind of distorts a very small amount ( I may have just had the pipe too hot that first time though), so you have to check the clamps. I tightened it that one time after the first ride and haven't touched it other than that. I should probably get a real one, but it's working great.

In my opinion if your in a bind you can't go wrong for $10 just to get on the water. It also makes it really easy to connect the head pipe and chamber, A LOT easier than the normal coupler.

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
I usually buy the straight hose off of ebay but I think this hump hose may be a a step above the straight hose , it also is the only silicone hose I have seen with 5 ply reinforcement ! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...id=p4712.m2000054&item=310299099393&viewitem=

The hump hose is cool for straight connections because it allows more wiggle rooms with less pulling on the clamped ends. However, there isn't enough room on the head pipe to chamber connection for a hump hose to work. The normal straight hose is practically touching the manifold, starter, and outside of the hull (at least on stock hulls). Plus since the b pipe connections are flanged, there isn't really a need to reduce the pulling on the clamped ends. On straight pipes, this is more important.

Top Bottom