Other B pipe coupler substitutes

I have the HTS elbow. I had it on the shelf from years ago and just recently switched to it when I finally blew the OE one.

I can't remember anything about getting it though. I do have to run a small cut piece of OE under it on the pipe side though. So it is not really the right one to use....but I remember not being able to find the 4 to 3.5" or whatever it needs to be.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Votionspeed and siliconeintakes have almost the same website design and prices are the same as well on a quick glance. Plus they're both in Colorado...

I've only dealt with siliconeintakes but have been happy so far. I don't recall shipping times though because I've never really needed the piece so I didn't really care when it got to my house.

Last edited:

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
I never read this thread but.....

Call around to local boat/marine places. I know seadoo's and boats use a similar coupler.

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Funny this thread pops up .I just tried to use some 4" silicone high temp hose that I purchased from a hose supplier,and I ran into a issue trying to boot it up.it just wasnt stretchy enough to boot up in the hull.it looked exactly the same but not as pliable .I'm going th try and still use it but I need to stretch it a bit first ,don't know how I'm going to do this yet?but it was like over $40 a foot and only sold buy the foot..

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Funny this thread pops up .I just tried to use some 4" silicone high temp hose that I purchased from a hose supplier,and I ran into a issue trying to boot it up.it just wasnt stretchy enough to boot up in the hull.it looked exactly the same but not as pliable .I'm going th try and still use it but I need to stretch it a bit first ,don't know how I'm going to do this yet?but it was like over $40 a foot and only sold buy the foot..

Throw it in almost boiling water for a min or two.

like shawn said almost boil it or stretch it out on a vise....

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Throw it in almost boiling water for a min or two.
cool thanks shawn! i am definitely going to try this. for the price i thought it was a deal i was getting like 5 couplers for less than $10 this supplier used to supply factory pipe with their silicone hose, i mean it looks dead nut the same,and i was able to get my water box bend previously right off the shelf and it works great .hopefully the 4" will do the same. thanks again.

I am currently trying to find an r&d dry pipe coupler.. its 4 1/4'' or so... My spare forced performance 4'' intake coupler wont even come close.. the search to buy one locally goes on..

Waternut

Customizing addict
Are you sure it's 4.25"? Usually hoses over 4" only come in the half inch sizes....or they're metric. Might be worth searching for 110mm hose.

One thing I've realized over the last few years... I usually spend more money in gas and more time looking for these specialty parts locally than it would've cost to ship to the stuipd thing in the first place. In the majority of my cases where I think I can buy locally, I'll drive all over creation for about a week, pay about $10-$15 in gas, and pay twice as much for the part because of the "convenience of buying locally". When I could've saved $10-$20 on the part itself, saved $10-$15 in gas, paid for 2nd day air or overnighted it for the same freaking price, and saved about 5-10 hours of my time driving around searching.

Top Bottom