addicted to my superjet
so far my set up is this,
dry pipe
msd
solas 13/15 cut back 3mm
boysen dual stage reeds, protec intake
stock dual carbs
stock head

the ski was set up like this when i bought it, except for the solas 13/15. it seems like i don't have much bottom end.

my question is, will the B pipe give me waaayyyy more bottom end than the dry pipe? is it really worth spending the money on right now? or is there something else i can do with my current set up and spend less money now, such as mill the stock head? i know this gives more power but is it on the bottom.

i have played with jetting and i don't think i am getting any lean hesitation, it just seems like the pipe doesnt come on untill i get it up in rpm.

Do you have ecwi hooked up and working ? It is a must have for the dry pipes and they will make good power with the right setup.

Last week I changed out my impeller to a 13/18 skat swirl. Rough water hook up is so much better now.

As for your Dry pipe if you’re running stock compression try bumping it up to about 170. I noticed my pipe really woke up when I bumped my compression up.

Ditch the pipe. Nothing but problems. You'll be fighting with it forever trying to get good low end out of it
I don't know if I would be so quick to say that. I've been reading a lot of old threads where some very reputable guys on the boards swear by them and it just seems like those guys just don't post that much anymore.

Everyone is so quick to say buy a b-pipe and I agree it's a great pipe that is easy to install, reliable, and has great low end hit, but it sounds like you can get a dry pipe to run almost as good on the bottom as a bpipe and obviously a lot better on the mid to top if you don't mind putting some time into setting it up.:biggthumpup:

Cross

X
The black high rev version of the type 4 is my favorite along with the speedwerx dry. If set up right they can hit very hard on the bottom with out the need for water injection. If I could find a high rev pipe I would part with my B pipe.

The black high rev version of the type 4 is my favorite along with the speedwerx dry. If set up right they can hit very hard on the bottom with out the need for water injection. If I could find a high rev pipe I would part with my B pipe.

You know there's a Speedwerx SJ pipe for sale in the FS section?

the blue type 4 you have is an awsome performer with or without ECWI, So to answer your main question,, No, switching to a "B" pipe is not that big of a deal if at all..The "B" is a bit more reliable but thats really about it, spend your cash somewhere else, like an ADA billet girdle head with compression around 170-180ish, this adds a lil performance and a ton of secure insurance..........

Watty

Random Performance
The type 9 dry pipe is really nice for bottom end hit, but a ported cylinder is a must. Water injection makes it even better.

Lot's of compression, advance, and a ported cylinder makes the dry pipe a happy pipe for bottom end and top end.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
thanks,

it seems the cheapest way for me right now will be mill the head, i'll shoot for 170~180.

but whats the restrictor jet in the stinger inlet? any details on this?

Also i have no water injection.

The restrictor is near the stinger end of the pipe, you have a hose that comes off the top of the pipe and conects again just before the stinger (not the one that goes over board) you should have a restrictor in the barb fitting. As for water injection you should be fine with out it.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I freakin love my dry pipe, I really dont believe that a B pipe would give me a whole lot more bottom end on my setup. I was a little leary of the reliability issues of it after all the bandwagon riders talking up the B but I have ridden with it for a couple months now and no problems yet. And the mid/topend is amazing, I would think it would be an awesome pipe for the surf.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
The restrictor is near the stinger end of the pipe, you have a hose that comes off the top of the pipe and conects again just before the stinger (not the one that goes over board) you should have a restrictor in the barb fitting. As for water injection you should be fine with out it.

I'll check to make sure its there, thanks

Top Bottom