b piped 760 boston whaler - DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you should contract that job out to someone that knows how to do it correctly.

the boat, even in running condition, isnt worth what someone that does this for a living would charge.

the bitch is getting all the shyt out of the way. the glassing will be the easy part.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
the boat, even in running condition, isnt worth what someone that does this for a living would charge.

the bitch is getting all the shyt out of the way. the glassing will be the easy part.

Yea but you dont remove foam with a shovel. You use a blow Torch! Come on, get with the program.

Rickster

Matakana Menace
while splitting the deck from the hull sounds really easy, trust me, it wont be. besides, this doesnt have stringers on the hull.... that explains the weak hull.

why does YOUR boat need glass? what did you do?

Fixing a few bumps and bruises from the previous owner...

Definitely not major surgery like you are in the middle of...
:scared:

more happy fun times! thanks to rickster for letting me do this at his place and helping out!

yesterday, i removed the rest of the foam, console, cables, bimini top and guard rail. we then flipped it over so i could grind the old patches from the bottom.....

Attachments

• noconsole1.jpg
    noconsole1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 75
  • noconsole2.jpg
    noconsole2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 62
  • noconsole3.jpg
    noconsole3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 50
  • noconsole4.jpg
    noconsole4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 59
  • noconsole5.jpg
    noconsole5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 40
glassed.................. filled...................rickster approved.

Attachments

• glassed bottom.jpg
    glassed bottom.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 81
  • faired bottom.jpg
    faired bottom.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 64
  • rickster approved.jpg
    rickster approved.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
it sure as hell wouldnt be this far along if you werent pushing me (to do it right) and sanding when im not looking :bigok:

anyhoo....

heres some bottom paint that was applied yesterday. 2 coats of west marine anti-fouling paint. apparently this teal color isnt really popular so i got a quart for $20! :woot:

Attachments

• bottompaint1.jpg
    bottompaint1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bottompaint2.jpg
    bottompaint2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
notice the center console still attached to part of the deck, in the background of pic#2... if you look really close, you might be able to see one of chick's plumbaha logos.....

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
it sure as hell wouldnt be this far along if you werent pushing me (to do it right) and sanding when im not looking :bigok:

anyhoo....

heres some bottom paint that was applied yesterday. 2 coats of west marine anti-fouling paint. apparently this teal color isnt really popular so i got a quart for $20! :woot:

Dude, that looks totally sick.

(Subscribed)

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
looking sweet! ...Damm! that thing is going to be lighter than mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom