B1 1200 Prop and Pump help PLEASE!!

Looking for some help from you B1 1200 gurus! – I have a carbon mod hull B1 with a stock GP1200 motor and exhaust, pushing about 135hp, I’ve water tested it for the first time today.
Prop I have is a Solas IJK Impeller Series KA-SC-J(14-19) re-pitched to 16-23
Pump I have is one of the early Solas 6 vien pumps, it’s immaculate with zero stator damage, new bearings and seals.
Performance wise take off out of the hole is good, maybe a tiny little bit of slip, but it feels like it hitting the limiter top end and I’m pulling about 56MPH at 7,150 RPM (Still have the stock RPM gauges) Also its slipping a little here and there out of tight corners – mid range is really strong, it just feels like it could pull a taller prop top end.
What’s the suggestion ref prop pitch? – I seem to recall reading somewhere that you can only re-pitch up or down by 2x pitches over the original manufactured pitch before the blade roots are out – I think that might be my issue here as mine has gone 14/19 > 16/23
Is the Solas IJK a small hub or big hub prop? – Maybe the switch to a C75 Skat and big hub Solas Mag might make sense? But what pitch?!
Thanks for any help :)

Go to a SOLAS YQ-CD 16/23. With the large wetted area of the hull ya might have to knock a degree off but I would think it would do ya right. Good luck, have fun

I run a Solas Concord YQ-CD 16/22 in my 1100 Yamaha B1 and it runs 57 at 6900 RPM. Hooks up great. Looks like your impeller is a small hub. The bigger hub would help you out, I think 16/23 big hub would be a good impeller for you.

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
Not thread jacking just curious if the prop suggestions are based off the engine size , hull , type of pump or riding style ?
Looking myself for a proper impeller on the B1 1100 and am soaking up the info

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a 16/23 C75 Skat from Thrust today along with a Solas skat pump. Will post up my findings in a couple of weeks when it arrives.

Top Bottom