B1 QUESTIONS/ BUILD

todc207

Drama diffuser
So Im building another B1 for chasing my wake boat around the lake and trips to the Big water while I build another flat water only ski. It is a rocketed hull reinforced by someone else not myself this time. Its Lambo pearl green. I am running a 771 with dual 46s and lightened flywheel with MSD Enhancer, ADA head and factory B pipe. I just installed Thrust trim and scoop grate. I think i need a way lower prop I need to see what the Solas on it is. Thing screens top end and good low but i want all low end for pop. Whats the lowest pro you guys would recommend? Also legs are always raw inside from the seat any thoughts on the 701 seat or that guy that was in Daytona two years ago selling some sweet B1 seats? Any other suggestions for helping my barrel roll at least off a fun ballast wake? Any suggestions are appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_2023-1.JPG
    IMG_2023-1.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 89

todc207

Drama diffuser
So with the Thrust trim and new 787 I'm already getting this thing 3/4 of the way around off of my wake board boat full blast wake. After about 20 trys it landed from about 10' up and sounded like the drive shaft spun. My other B-1 spun a shaft or two. When I tore it all down the spline and mid shaft look good? Is it possible to spin a coupler thread but not feel loose by hand? Also for the first time ever my B Pipe split apart at the coupler. Im thinking the motormountd allowed to much flex? What setup are you guys using to help these issues? I know you younger guys are going way higher and harder than I am I just want to buy the right parts once and not experiment and waste money. Also is a 787 enough motor to run a bigger pump? I was going to switch to the 10/16 Hooker prop while its all apart for more low pop anyway.

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
If you're trying barrel rolls on boat wakes, steering throw will be the biggest help. Also you will break your b1 steering cable soon, when you do replace it with a b2 cable. The b2 cable will need a custom mount under the hood. But the custom mount is easily made. I went threw all this when i was doing blaster rolls. Taller and longer steering bar setup will help too. Trim is for backflips. And to see a b1 flip of a boat wake would be impressive.

Top Bottom