B1 vs. B2

Big Kahuna

Administrator
wow!!!! that is the first time I have ever read that or heard it... I rode on for a while and they are horrible jumpers... nose heavy plows

WOW Nick, Imagine that. I have owned one since they first came out. I was riding it long before you showed up, I was jumping waves with it in 1996. I Love How they Jump.......... I love the fact when you come down on the tail it is a very soft landing. Sorry you did not have the skills needed to jump them correctly. Nose stabs are a blast on them also!!!!!!!!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I have owned a B2 since 1996. It got parted out this past winter........ (Big Mistake now, wished I had just kept it like it was)

Yep thats right BK's B2 was so awesome that he destroyed it,what does that tell ya folks! How does that work exactly BK,is it something like if you love something set it free,if it comes back to you it was meant to be? If that B2 reassembles itself let me know because I want to buy it!

Last edited:
WOW Nick, Imagine that. I have owned one since they first came out. I was riding it long before you showed up, I was jumping waves with it in 1996. I Love How they Jump.......... I love the fact when you come down on the tail it is a very soft landing. Sorry you did not have the skills needed to jump them correctly. Nose stabs are a blast on them also!!!!!!!!

ok..... ???

yeah, I don't have the skill, that must be it :confused:

funny stuff

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yep thats right BK's B2 was so awesome that he destroyed it,what does that tell ya folks! How does that work exactly BK,is it something like if you love something set it free,if it comes back to you it was meant to be? If that B2 reassembles itself let me know because I want to buy it!

actually needed the money at the time.... Wife does not ride any more.

The Blaster 2 can be a sweet ride if you dump some time and cash in it. Just stuff a GP1200 engine in it like I did. Mine was a full superstock. Topped out at 60 and ripped out the hole. Got 2nd in expert 1200 superstock against GPR's and STXR's a few years ago too. lol..

If a cheap ski and a fun ride is what you are looking for then just get a Blaster 1. Greatest ski ever made!!!! :)

Attachments

• euro (2).jpg
    euro (2).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 51
  • euro (14).jpg
    euro (14).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 45
The Blaster 2 can be a sweet ride if you dump some time and cash in it. Just stuff a GP1200 engine in it like I did. Mine was a full superstock. Topped out at 60 and ripped out the hole. Got 2nd in expert 1200 superstock against GPR's and STXR's a few years ago too. lol..

If a cheap ski and a fun ride is what you are looking for then just get a Blaster 1. Greatest ski ever made!!!! :)

show off

complete blaster set (b1,b2and b3)
brigham did a great job on building the motors in the blaster 2 and 3

Last edited:

dajnglst

Glass Happens
I actually liked the b2 on flat water, fun little boat turned well, accelerated great in stock trim. Considered buying one that was in excellent shape just didn't know how well or many mods you would have to do to strengthen the hull for surf riding. Owned a few B-1's but none have handled as well as b 2 on flat water.

Who's ridden b-2 in surf ?

Will the seat stay on in big hits, the latch at the rear doesn't look promising in stock trim.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I actually liked the b2 on flat water, fun little boat turned well, accelerated great in stock trim. Considered buying one that was in excellent shape just didn't know how well or many mods you would have to do to strengthen the hull for surf riding. Owned a few B-1's but none have handled as well as b 2 on flat water.

Who's ridden b-2 in surf ?

Will the seat stay on in big hits, the latch at the rear doesn't look promising in stock trim.

never had any issues with mine having the seat come off...... Got rolled in the breakers several times.....

the seat on the one I rode came off all the time.... it's probably cause I don't know how to ride though....

B2's are plows and do not do well on steep waves or riding waves due to the nose heavy feel...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
the seat on the one I rode came off all the time.... it's probably cause I don't know how to ride though....

B2's are plows and do not do well on steep waves or riding waves due to the nose heavy feel...

damn, someone is bitter and cannot take a joke.

They are nose heavy, It is a wet hull design.

It is so much fun to ask such an open ended question. and watch the aftermath.. :chairshot:

any how thanks for the input I will continue watching the thread and seeing what is for sale out there.

and quit peeing in fruit loops , it doesnt make em taste so well, stick with beerios!!!! :beerchug:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It is so much fun to ask such an open ended question. and watch the aftermath.. :chairshot:

any how thanks for the input I will continue watching the thread and seeing what is for sale out there.

and quit peeing in fruit loops , it doesnt make em taste so well, stick with beerios!!!! :beerchug:

LOL Both are great boats, It just depends on what you want out of them. When we bought ours there was really nothing good out there for the wife. We took a chance on it. Really fun ski (B2). It is a rough ride at times, it has a wet hull design where the hull is always 100% in contact with the water, that is why it handles and turns so well. If your girl is not really active then the B2 might be better for her. If she is more athletic and likes a challange, the B1 would be great, I would look for a 96 model that came with the 62T cases (Twin 38's) over the older 93-95 B1's.

Top Bottom