Backflip parts?

I have just started riding and was getting interested in flat water freestyle i have a bone stock 09 sj and was wondering what parts are needed to do backflips also how to install foot holds and hydro turf.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
If you want to flatwater flip that bone-stock 09, your best bet would be to remove the engine and pump, sell everything else, and install engine and driveline in a short carbon aftermarket hull like a Superfreak, BOB or Rickter XFS.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but if you really want to flatwater flip that 09, you're going to have to throw a very spendy engine at it.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
X2, light hull and decent engine would be a must. Not going to happen on a stock hull with bolt on mods unless you are using a double up boat wake.

There are a ton of tricks that require practice, practice and then more practice but the flatwater backflip is the one trick that requires your wallet to be as big as your need to flip.

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
If somebody made a bolt on backflip kit for the SJ, they'd be rich!

I have a heavily modified FX1 hull that previously had a 1000cc motor with a mag pump. Guy couldn't get a backie out of it, now i'm gonna go try with a hopped up 701. Wish me luck.

GL to you as well sir.

freestyle/freeride

flip superjet.JPGmy buddy just finished his 99 superjet full reinforced with carbon. stock length hull. stock pump with hooker impeller, x-metal trim, b-pipe, x-metal waterbox, msd enhancer, charging flywheel, x metal 733 or 735 fully ported not sure. v-force reeds 46 or 48 novi's almost flipping it. only 2 days on it and first time riding a superjet.. all my other riding was on a sxr..
his ski weighs in at 300 rtr with 2 gallons of gas a etx9 battery..

i'l try to get some better pics, im having a hard time on a good setup wake, just about nosing them in ..

That's pretty darn good considering a pretty mild motor with a stock hull.

Normally I would say you either need to drop $6k on a hull or on a motor to get the job done. There are some people with really good technique that can do it with less.

View attachment 150836my buddy just finished his 99 superjet full reinforced with carbon. stock length hull. stock pump with hooker impeller, x-metal trim, b-pipe, x-metal waterbox, msd enhancer, charging flywheel, x metal 733 or 735 fully ported not sure. v-force reeds 46 or 48 novi's almost flipping it. only 2 days on it and first time riding a superjet.. all my other riding was on a sxr..
his ski weighs in at 300 rtr with 2 gallons of gas a etx9 battery..

i'l try to get some better pics, im having a hard time on a good setup wake, just about nosing them in ..

Post some video!!!!!!

Everyone on here forgot the most important accessory for backflipping!

41I3h-5cECL.jpg

Top Bottom