Backflip parts?

Everyone on here forgot the most important accessory for backflipping!

41I3h-5cECL.jpg

we are talking flatwater....money is much more important than sacks IMO...

Waternut

Customizing addict
All of your Super jet parts will drop right in a BOB, and if you throw a B-Pipe and a trim system in the mix, you'll be flipping.

....with a skilled rider. After a full summer, none of our crew could backflip the BOB with trim, mag pump, and a 5mil stroker motor.

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
....with a skilled rider. After a full summer, none of our crew could backflip the BOB with trim, mag pump, and a 5mil stroker motor.

The guy that flipped our 701 in the video is an amateur freerider. He doesn't compete flat water, and mainly just rides surf. It's not gonna flip itself, you've got to put some effort into it.

Waternut

Customizing addict
The guy that flipped our 701 in the video is an amateur freerider. He doesn't compete flat water, and mainly just rides surf. It's not gonna flip itself, you've got to put some effort into it.

I understand that point completely. I'm just pointing out that the level of effort we put forth with a mag pump, total loss, and a stroker motor still wasn't enough. Therefore the level the effort to flip it with a basic 701 with a b pipe is MASSIVE. Admittedly, we are all recreational riders and a day of jumping boat waves is more fun than learning how to flip or roll. Although we do try on occasion. Everything I've heard about your customer service has been good but the claim of Joe Schmo flipping with a 701 is really stretching reality.... Not trying to knock you guys at all but I don't want a new comer to believe that statement whole heartedly.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
well I've gotten past inverted on my old waterlogged limited square I used to have off a small boat wake without even knowing what I'm doing. No trim or nothin that was about 8 months ago and I have only bean riding about a year and a half. I deff think it's possible on the bob

I have just started riding and was getting interested in flat water freestyle i have a bone stock 09 sj and was wondering what parts are needed to do backflips also how to install foot holds and hydro turf.

A flatwater backflip needs lots of power and pitch angle. A heavy long hull will struggle first to get enough altitude and second to rotate fast enough to complete a flip. It will take a big wave to flip a stock ski. The ultimate backflip kit is a hurricane or giant cabin cruiser.

How much does a shortened hull help? 3 inches with a trimmed bondline, 701 limited, a/m hood shortened pole...I know its still heavy but maybe a big boat wake, thats what Im hoping for.

Last edited:

chriselmore_1

high on resin
off a vwake with some skill but good luck on a boat wake. I've gotten a little past pancake on my old square with no trim and an 84wellcraft with like 7 people in the back throwin a wake

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member

I landed one complete plate to plate at the end of the summer. You saw it.

That being said nothing will flip itself and it will take a lot of practice to get the technique right no matter how much power you have.

flip superjet.JPG

its all practice and confidence along with some balls and skill..... alothough big motors help..

this picture is me on my buddys 99 sj. only 2nd time on one.. ive been riding for 5 years now all on a sxr, tho modded extremely i learned to flatwater and boatwake flip during the last 2 years... heres a short list of the sj

735 fully ported x scream shortblock 195psi
48 novi's
rivaintake v force 3
msd enhancer
charging flywheel
b pipe
x metal waterbox new style.
front exhuast only.
kart tank and 7 lb etx9
x metal trim
its stripped down. but full lenght and full reinforced with carbon. with full 2.5gallon tank ski weighs in at 300lbs rtr

by the time the nose touches im completely vertical. backflips DONT NEED HUGE POWER OR Lightweight hulls.

Top Bottom