Backie chan hood pin PN

Does anyone have the part number off mcmasster Carr for the pins of the backie chan? I need to order some and can't find them at all on the site. I have no idea what they would be called and can't find a good enough picture nine. Please and thank you for the help.

I found them just now on master Carr. I didn't know they were like a normal lock pin with the ball. My iPad sucks ass to link other pages but I'm pretty sure they are m8 diameter, and 50mm length

I have a ratchet strap but need something to lock the hood in the front from just being shoved forward by the strap. Or have you guys found a better way? I'm all ears looking for ideas

Edit; updated sizes

Last edited:
They are alled high profile quick release pins. They are like 23 bucks each. I'm just gonna get some shoulder pins that don't have the fancy push button, for 4 dollars for both

From my Rokr, diameter is 8mm
ybamurub.jpg
epuhavap.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just used normal stainless pins. They were like 5 bucks for both from mcmasster Carr. The pins seem to just prevent the hood from being pushed forward by the ratchet, I didn't see why they needed to have a button. I'm a cheap ass tho. The ones that it is supposed to have are pretty tho

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
They do more than keep it from moving forward. They keep the hood latched down tight. The button is for the ball detent, the pin will not release until button is pressed. They will not pull out. We have seen rear latches break, and the pins save the hood from coming off. You would have to tear the whole set up out of the hull before the pins give. Also, the ones we use are 17-4 stainless, you get what you pay for.

My pins have the detent ball also. Granted they release from pressure,mbut I cannot for the life of me see how that pin will put downward pressure on the setup I have. Its the ame pin besides a button releases the detent. On my hull piece,It simply has a hole drilled, with a lip at the top that is smaller od than the rest of the hole, the lip is about 1/16th, otherwise the pin is just floating below it. Maye rok are different I work with stainless all day long for my job. I'm not trying to argue. I appreciate the info. I fully support the idea you et what you pay for. In this case I got some self locking stainless pins.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
You are missing another part of the system. A ball detent receiver cap presses into the back of the aluminum piece, locking the pin and putting pressure down on the hood. I highly recommend you use them, otherwise the system is useless. I designed that latch set up and it needs all the pieces to work right, and is indestructible if done right.

You are missing another part of the system. A ball detent receiver cap presses into the back of the aluminum piece, locking the pin and putting pressure down on the hood. I highly recommend you use them, otherwise the system is useless. I designed that latch set up and it needs all the pieces to work right, and is indestructible if done right.

Sparkplug, the system is solid, why else would people copy and steal it? You have to press down on the hood to get the detent buttons to pop up (downward pressure) Once the buttons are up, it's locked and not going anywhere.

Well I don't have that piece. And I've slapped the hood hard as I can from both sides. It moves but stays on. Couple people have told me just to ditch this pin system and go to hooks. If I end up needing another piece that is what I'm going to do.

Can you post a pic of this ball detent receiver piece?

And your guys setup where the pins go. I still can't see how your pins are clamping down on the hood. A pic would help alot

My pins just don't have a push button. You have to pull on them pretty hard to get them out though, so they should serve the same purpose.

Sparky, at this point I have to say good luck with that.

Top Bottom