backie chan new new builder?

my son has one its the carbon fiber with visual .. amazing looking and performing hull ..
just wondering what is included ,, as this hull was bought used ,, ( maybe once or twice ,, its actually about as near new as you can get ! ) originally I think steves price included ..
- hull and hood
- one scupper
- front hood pins
- turfed ..
exhaust outlet ?
- front bow eye ?
hull also has hull inserts for engine mounts battery tray, tank and waterbox
not sure but can someone confirm ? my sons ski was the more expensive lay up think its the infused resin ? also has an amazing finish and turf job
amazing ski for just a 701 61x and b pipe only ,, imagine this ski with more power

253.JPG
-
-

Attachments

• 256.JPG
    256.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 120

Draggingto

No Clue
my son has one its the carbon fiber with visual .. amazing looking and performing hull ..
just wondering what is included ,, as this hull was bought used ,, ( maybe once or twice ,, its actually about as near new as you can get ! ) originally I think steves price included ..
- hull and hood
- one scupper
- front hood pins
- turfed ..
exhaust outlet ?
- front bow eye ?
hull also has hull inserts for engine mounts battery tray, tank and waterbox
not sure but can someone confirm ? my sons ski was the more expensive lay up think its the infused resin ? also has an amazing finish and turf job
amazing ski for just a 701 61x and b pipe only ,, imagine this ski with more power

View attachment 250804
-
-

That is a badass hull for sure. I already had my chan, but wanted to buy this one too. He didnt want to sell it as hull only at the time. good buy.

Gary and Greg have a reputable builder making the hulls. From what ive heard, hes very experienced.
For $3200 you get a bare hull with gelcoat and graphics, pump shoe, and footholds. Thats all i know. Call them up with any questions!

Ducky

Back in the game!
Gary and Greg have a reputable builder making the hulls. From what ive heard, hes very experienced.
For $3200 you get a bare hull with gelcoat and graphics, pump shoe, and footholds. Thats all i know. Call them up with any questions!

Seems very reasonably priced!

And likely put themselves out of said business.

Just out of sheer curiosity, why do you say that? The amount of glass necessary to build that (being glass no CF) wouldn't be super costly. I assume there is room for profit there, maybe not massive profit but I would think each boat produced would still leave him in the positive even a tad.

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
Then labour, resin, paint, all the fittings etc. each hull has to yield him profit on top of that. And since they are outsourcing the production that costs more then doing it yourself.(in North America anyways). If everyone could make profit off that sale price why do all the other hulls cost at least 5k?

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Even a plane jane BOB starts at $4000 (and can go up to $8500).... That is where I would price the Chan if it were me (maybe higher).

Most all other AM hulls are in the neighborhood of $8500 (there are a few "cheaper" exceptions).

Top Bottom