Bad Check Valve SBN44?

kawa js550

Billy Racing
Ok Storytime again. I upped my pilot and main jet. Here is where I am at.

140 main
125 pilot (all i had on hand)
2.3 N/S with 95g spring (im around 20-22 psi on popoff)

Check valves look to be good, replaced some loose fitting fuel lines and ran a line straight from tank to carb. Pickup is clean.
Got the ski dialed back in and now both the low and high speed adjuster screws are around 1 turn out. Much happier.

Still having the same issue.... I did some testing and this is what I found. When the ski is cold & not being ran hard, it will start back up right away. If im riding it hard and getting the motor hot, it wont want to start again unless I give it a shot of primer.

Is vapor lock a thing on jet skis? The only other thing I could think of is the reeds that I put back in were not the best but I have run far worse and haven't had an issue like this before. Maybe when the ski is getting hot the reeds are expanding & not sealing on start up?

Good news is I got it topped out at 34mph with a full tank and passenger. From what I found that is around what it should be.

Last edited:

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Vapor lock could be an issue given how long the stock fuel line runs are, but I doubt it. Is your fuel tank check valve working properly? When the ski is hot, does the gas cap hiss if you loosen it? Is the gasket on your gas cap properly sealing?

kawa js550

Billy Racing
Vapor lock could be an issue given how long the stock fuel line runs are, but I doubt it. Is your fuel tank check valve working properly? When the ski is hot, does the gas cap hiss if you loosen it? Is the gasket on your gas cap properly sealing?
Fuel tank check valve is good. I didn't think of the gas cap seal. I will have to check that.

Top Bottom