Bad motor bad!

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Just some basics on the different cylinders:

Dasa has two "big bore" cylinders. One is a 5 port, the other is a seven.

They both will work on a 61x.

The seven port is a modern update of the cast Lamey. It will needs a normal transfer port job, we can do it, or you can. Goes to a bore from 85MM to the upper 80's(I think). Stock stroke on up to +10MM stroke.

The 5 port is a new big port design and will need extensive transfer mods, which we should do. Goes to a bore from 89MM-91MM, and you need at least a 6MM stroker.

Op 2 is the Dasa big bore and power valve 2,800. It did not say how many ports it had. I would like to know. I would like to know if it will work on a 61X. I know I have to mod the case. Is it hard to do?

Like I have said befor I can speend some coin I just want to knwo if it is worth it or not. Will this get me close to what I want? Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

Power valves are basically a lower RPM exhaust restriction. It makes the exhaust port smaller to keep the velocity up at low RPMs but it allows for a big exhaust port for good top-end power.

The operate a bellows by exhaust pressure, a spring creates a resistance that controls when they open.

Playing with stroke and bore changes the engine power characteristics, you can run a bigger impeller and load the pump harder.

Bigger pistons make more power and make the engine want to rev faster.

Basically a longer stroke creates more torque, or grunt.

You don't want to start out with too much power because the boat will be hard to control if you are not ready for it.

I just typed a few sentences out for you, pages could be made about engine design.

Brian

Ok so here is the next ?? What do the power valves do. I know they give you more power but how? How do you adjust them? I know you can when I here you all talk about adjusting the pop off valve. Unless that is in the carb? Some help here would be nice.

Also if you get 865cc with a stock stroke what if you put in a 80 mm strock what will that get you. I can get a crank for 1,400. Will that give me a 100cc or what. Sorry I am a tard at this. I just want a nice ski and if I am going to do it just do it right.

Will a singel carb work for this.
well for right now. If I spend this much I will need a little break from the bank if you know what I mean ha ha..

thanks agen.

What errors would that be?

Why would it be harder to port out a 5 port, and not a 7 port?

The more ports you have the better power right?

So I can turn my 61x into a 865 with the stock stroke right?

You say I will need to do a transfer port job. What do you do there. I have ported out heads on a race car. Is it jist like a port match in the case?

What prop should I run?

How can I tell what prop I have? It is a stainless prop but there is no ### on it.

Will my pump be ok with a 865? Or will I need a new one?

Man I have a millon ?? This sucks!

Thanks

Last edited:
Yep that is one of the ones I was looking at. I just did not know if you could get it that big with a 61X I know that group k will only go so big witht the X but will go bigger with the T. I know they use your jugs but I did not know if the case could do it that big.

Thanks for the sit though. All the info I can get helps. I any of you are runnig this set up or close to I would love to hear from you. The great, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

wsuwrhr

Errors in spelling, omissions like no +16MM crank for the billet case for instance.

Like you saw, no description of which cylinder is a 5 port, which is a 7 port. No picture of the 5 port transfer area.

So you know:

The 5 port cylinder base is quite radical compared to the 7 port. It is quite bigger than the 7 port, you would be grinding for hours, trust me. We have to get a picture of a completed CNC cut transfer area.

The 7 port was designed to work with the stock case transfer area when Dan designed that cylinder 15 years ago. It works and people still want it, so we keep making it.

The 5 port base was designed with todays big bore, big stroke motors in mind, Dan designed it with a no-holds-barred approach to maximize transfer area.

If you would like, shoot Kyle a call tomorrow at the shop and he will answer any questions you have about the different motors and setup.

DASA Racing 951-681-1131

Brian

What errors would that be?

Why would it be harder to port out a 5 port, and not a 7 port?

The more ports you have the better power right?

So I can turn my 61x into a 865 with the stock stroke right?

You say I will need to do a transfer port job. What do you do there. I have ported out heads on a race car. Is it jist like a port match in the case?

What prop should I run?

How can I tell what prop I have? It is a stainless prop but there is no ### on it.

Will my pump be ok with a 865? Or will I need a new one?

Man I have a millon ?? This sucks!

Thanks

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

These cylinders are completely aftermarket, I think the group K stuff you are talking about is Big Bore stock cylinder stuff.

Brian

Yep that is one of the ones I was looking at. I just did not know if you could get it that big with a 61X I know that group k will only go so big witht the X but will go bigger with the T. I know they use your jugs but I did not know if the case could do it that big.

Thanks for the sit though. All the info I can get helps. I any of you are runnig this set up or close to I would love to hear from you. The great, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

wsuwrhr

Top Bottom