Bad news if you were planning on buying a new b-pipe for your blaster this season...

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Not that this is there reason but,
Don't Forget, Factory Pipe is Located In Kalifornia, Home of the Kalifornica air resources board (CARB) which mandates that it is unlawful to manufacture (not just sell) any part for any pollution controlled motor vechical in this state without going through there testing (long detailed process at huge expense), Yamaha, Kawasaki don't even sell 2 stroke stand ups in California , because they are now a pollution controlled MV. (SUBJECT TO ALLOWANCES FOR POLLUTION CREDITS)
Many of us became subject to this Law in 2001, it effects the whole US in 2011:scared:
Db

Last edited:

teton

tetongravity.com
A little Off topic, but since there is some talk.

I think it would be great for someone new to step up to the plate, and create a new pipe + manifold. You gotta think, the b-pipe and manifold has not changed much at all even from the 650 days. The system works great, but anything is possible to improve upon!

But then again, just like at Jeff (WDK) from what I understand his 66E exhaust has came along way from where he started..... lots of test and tune.

Whoever wants to make a exhaust better be willing to come up with a proper dyno tune setup.... then I think you could really pull some crazy power from these 1000cc+ motors.... not that there not crazy already, but you could truly see how much power you are getting, and where it comes in.

If Jet skis were as big as MX, do you really think the B-pipe would be forever unchanged? There could be a better pipe built.... but who, that is capable is actually going to put down the cash to buy a Dyno, and spend God only knows how much time to come up with a exhaust that works better then what is already out there.... If its not as good as a b-pipe, who would bother? Even if something amazing came out, how many are gonna sell? Maybe 200, then B-pipes will be cheap, and the 200 rich people will have the latest and greatest, then the company will only sell very few. Are sport is just to small for new development.

And will we ever see this EME exhaust?

I agree, its time someone comes up with something better, seems like the only thing anyone has tried is a stupid carbon chamber for the thing....

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
...Maybe she is right this time... but she is still a bit crazy IMO

And has anyone else called to buy a pipe and she says it is the last one they have??? just curious...

That lady at factory pipe has been saying (at least to me) that she hasn't had any blaster pipes in stock for the past 5 months now. As of last week she is saying they won't have more for at least another 4 months, likely longer. I bought the last one Riva had, not fp, and this was after calling a number of other places that didn't have any.

My 2 cents concerning the side conversation: I'm not sure there would be that much to improve on with the b-pipe (which isn't what fp refers to them by). From what I understand, the current design is up there with the best of them as far as power production goes (for freestyle/freeride pipes) and pretty much top dog as far as reliability. I think you'd be lucky to gain 5% in total power production with a new design and who knows how much trouble you'd have trying to match the current versions reliability. Others have certainly tried and failed in the past and I'm not sure this type of technology has progressed much since then.

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
How about the p-diddy bolts. They seem to fix that problem

Can you expand on that a bit? What are "p-diddy bolts"?

I have 1 of the 3 out, but the other tops of the other two are really trashed.

I have new bolts, just do nto know how to get the old ones out, w/o trashing the original threadings.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
Can you expand on that a bit? What are "p-diddy bolts"?

I have 1 of the 3 out, but the other tops of the other two are really trashed.

I have new bolts, just do nto know how to get the old ones out, w/o trashing the original threadings.

guy on here named parrdaddy used to make some replacement bolts for the crappy FP ones... I wish FP would use a new type of screw.... they are well aware of the problem... they must like the money they can get for all the replacement screws....

I wonder if anyone can make more screws like pardaddy made... I would pay for some....

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
That lady at factory pipe has been saying (at least to me) that she hasn't had any blaster pipes in stock for the past 5 months now. As of last week she is saying they won't have more for at least another 4 months, likely longer. I bought the last one Riva had, not fp, and this was after calling a number of other places that didn't have any.
QUOTE]

I meant when they actualy do have them in stock... it seems like she always has only one left... sales tactic? if it is... it prob. actually works great considering they have such limited numbers... I would prob do the same thing.

Top Bottom