Bald Ridge Drowning?

Well, I found this on Yesterday's

GAINESVILLE — Divers continued to search Lake Lanier on Monday for a possible drowning victim who disappeared while riding a WaveRunner that authorities say was stolen.
Dive teams searching for Marc Lee Webb, 38, of Forsyth County were hampered by the deep water and by uncertainty about where Webb disappeared, the Hall County Sheriff’s Office said Monday in a statement.
Webb was seen falling from the WaveRunner after being hit by a large wave at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Witnesses said it happened near Holiday Marina in an area that measures several acres, where the water is 85 to 100 feet deep.
The personal watercraft Webb was riding has been recovered, and turns out to have been stolen on May 15 in Forsyth County, the sheriff’s office statement said.
Authorities found Webb’s truck near a boat ramp in Forsyth County. They said it had a trailer attached to it, along with another stolen WaveRunner.
The Hall County dive team searched from 8 a.m. until about 3 p.m. Sunday, then resumed the search Monday. Divers were using a sonar unit.
Just six days before Webb’s possible drowning, a 21-year-old woman nearly drowned after falling from a boat in Lake Lanier’s ‘‘Cocktail Cove.’’

Man whats up with people drowning on stolen skis? Someone else posted a story of a drowning on a stolen ski(I think it was in FL) earlier this year.

thrllskr

Converted Coucher
It has to be weird being a rescuer in that situation. Busting your ass to help a criminal...

I guess that is how doctors in prisons must feel.

Rickster

Matakana Menace
thrllskr said:
It has to be weird being a rescuer in that situation. Busting your ass to help a criminal...

I guess that is how doctors in prisons must feel.

I've never searched for a drowned criminal, but unfortunately have searched for drowned divers...

There is not a more creapy/eerie feeling searching in no visability water for a deceased person.

I agree about the Karma, it's just too bad he didn't lose is arms instead of the ultimate punishment.

Top Bottom