Batteries

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I know a few years back a lot of guys were running these batteries in their skis , so I was looking at some links in my BAMAFREERIDE database and saw these were on sale cheap
they measure 7.13 length by 6.59 height by 3 inches width. basically a similar foot print as a Ytx20-lbs , they are 18ah batteries CCA is not rated but I know they are used in standby generators for cranking.

I have a jump box and this is the battery they use inside of it.

They are on sale for $23.28 plus shipping to get one here is like $41.69 , these are made by Sigmas tek .

They also have a 22AH battery for $38.00 with the same footprint.

I am buying a couple just to have around for working on sales skis this Winter.

Also at Amazon for even cheaper.

Last edited:
I run those batteries in my jetski's and my street bike (Suzuki bandit 1200). I maintain them during off season and I get many years out of them. For the jet ski's I create an angle adapter out of angled aluminum. I tap threads for the upward facing bolt so all I have to do is tighten the nut to install the cable.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Good Idea to make Cable installation and removal easy.

But why am I seeing a Red Cable and a Black Cable both attached to the same Post? o_O

Last edited:
Good Idea to make Cable installation and removal easy.

But why an I seeing a Red Cable and a Black Cable both attached to the same Post? o_O
It's the positive terminal. The lower cable is red but you are seeing the black sheathing at the terminal. The upper cable goes to my bilge pump.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

I usually run and sell Chromepro batteries but they keep in every year I run the YTX20-LBS , crazy part is the 20 is cheaper than the 16 , they have been inching up the prices every year and sooner or later they won't be that great of a deal anymore.

Battery sharks has them for the same price on ebay as well. The last one I got said something to the effect of " the battery can be used as a high drain or low drain application. Battery will condition itself for either application" At first it was slow to turn my 701 over but it now spins it like it should.

Myself

manic mechanic
I also have run and sold the Chrome batteries FOREVER. You're right, price keeps going up but I can still sell them about $30 cheaper than the auto parts stores. I get 4-5 years out of them.

WFO Speedracer

I also have run and sold the Chrome batteries FOREVER. You're right, price keeps going up but I can still sell them about $30 cheaper than the auto parts stores. I get 4-5 years out of them.
Yep I sell the YTX 20's for $80.00 and the 30's for $100.00

I know a few years back a lot of guys were running these batteries in their skis , so I was looking at some links in my BAMAFREERIDE database and saw these were on sale cheap
they measure 7.13 length by 6.59 height by 3 inches width. basically a similar foot print as a Ytx20-lbs , they are 18ah batteries CCA is not rated but I know they are used in standby generators for cranking.

I have a jump box and this is the battery they use inside of it.

They are on sale for $23.28 plus shipping to get one here is like $41.69 , these are made by Sigmas tek .

They also have a 22AH battery for $38.00 with the same footprint.

I am buying a couple just to have around for working on sales skis this Winter.

Also at Amazon for even cheaper.

The doing lords work.

WFO Speedracer

I just placed a battery order today with BATTERY SHARKS today , right now Battery sharks has the Sigmas tek jet ski batteries on sale for $39.99 plus shipping , they do not list them by size , they list them by ski so I got them for a JH750 XIR , I ordered three for $155.60 . I will run those UB12180's in my personal stuff but I don't want to sell those batteries to customers.

, I usually buy from Chrome pro but the same three batteries would have cost me $172.50 there . The UB12180's are still holding at $23.28 plus $18.41 shipping or $42.62 total shipped to my location , your price may vary.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

One more item of mention , I ordered this Yesterday afternoon , the scheduled delivery date from UPS is Thursday so two day shipping if that actually pans out , I will update the thread when they get here.

The batteries I ordered were STX20 L -BS , I usually get YTX 20l-BS from Chrome Pro because the 20's are usually slightly cheaper than the 16's .

Chrome pro has been running three or four and sometimes five days shipping on getting their batteries to me lately , no big deal but to me it means another ski can leave this weekend which is always good.

WFO Speedracer

The batteries came in today so it took three days, I don't think that was any fault of Battery sharks though , tracking showed it parked at the Montgomery post office for way too long otherwise it would have been two days shipping. They are on charge now, I always charge before installing a battery regardless of what they say.

They looked really similar to the Chrome batteries I have been selling but, they have better battery posts than Chrome batters do , that's a fact Jack.

Last edited:
Thanks WFO Speedracer for the tip on low priced battery options. Im in the market for a replacement battery for a sit down im going to be selling. Its crazy how many sales adds I see that say runs great but needs a new battery.

Why dont you want to sell the UB12180's to your customers, is it the mounting terminals?

WFO Speedracer

Yes mainly the mounting terminals and customer are weird about things like that , of course these same customers have no issue putting a riding lawnmower battery in their ski and not strapping it down, I like to keep stuff as idiot proof as possible on customers skis.

WFO Speedracer

Battery sharks is freaking Awesome, I ordered a few more batteries from them this morning and they have already shipped, barring some screwup at the post office which have been many as of late , usually two to three days shipping on these, customer service from these guys has been nothing short of amazing !

Last edited:
Top Bottom