Battery box Deka ETX9

So I just bought an etx9 after doing some research here and seeing what you all recommended to others over the years. had no idea it was so much smaller than stock till It arrived. So my question is what you all are using for a battery box? Do they make a foam insert/lift to use the stock tie dows and stock box With this etx9? I’ve seen some guys make there own with a tig welder and some aluminum plate. Or 3d print. I did a search but didn’t find much of anything in this regard. Also it’s for 90 sj650.

So I just bought an etx9 after doing some research here and seeing what you all recommended to others over the years. had no idea it was so much smaller than stock till It arrived. So my question is what you all are using for a battery box? Do they make a foam insert/lift to use the stock tie dows and stock box With this etx9? I’ve seen some guys make there own with a tig welder and some aluminum plate. Or 3d print. I did a search but didn’t find much of anything in this regard. Also it’s for 90 sj650.
Years ago I used the stock box and added foam blocks superglued to battery on length and width. I then tied the straps in a knot and crisscross connected them to box on one more piece of foam block. If it works, it works imo.

Not really sure why I went with etx9. Like I said i did some seal and some said they used the etx9 for weigh saving. I’ll probably just have to return it and get the right one. It cranks my ski over fine but I guess won’t have the extended time to crank if there is ever an problem starting

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Yeah, not much reserve power if you have any issues. Pick up a noco lithium. Lots of weight savings and still plenty of power.

I bought an etx20L but I’m not worried about weight savings and would rather have a battery with a ton of extra capacity one knot in each strap was perfect

Top Bottom