Surfriding Battery Choice

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
I am an avid surf rider as well as rec riding but my question to you X members is what is your choice of batteries you seem to have good luck with. If you post up let me know where you purchased from as well.

thanks in advanced.....Daytona Bound

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Jetworks batteries for me.
They keep on going. (though I did manage to destroy one by charging it with 10A for 12 hours)
I've had three Odyssey PC625 break on me, so no more Odyssey.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
I used to think Oddesseys are the chit... well after destroying two in 2010 by blowing the tops off them I am a bit dissappointed on how well they hold together. Ill be goin JetWorks or something else

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I use an ETX9 which weighs 7.2lbs is light but still starts well. Smaller capacity so you make sure it is maintained properly. I always keep a larger spare in my truck in case I need a backup or to revive a wet motor at the beach.

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
personally i think all the Gel ones (Oddy and Dekka's) ain't worth poop
i have broken so many of them (i do tend to land hard and this is when i notice they go dead {dreaded click-click after landing when trying to start the ski})
so i'll be looking at the Jetwerks again for this upcoming summer, or just go back to the ole standard acid battery
i know many people running them with no problems, and cheaper then the dam GEL bat's
forget about trying to deal with the warranty on them
i averaged killing them about every other week, which equated to two outtings, and i did everything i could to help protect them
then of course they had to sit in the garage which would get over 120 degree's so that probably didn't help either

although on her ski (SXR) we only lost one Gel battery so far

I use these Motobat batteries in all my skis. http://www.motobatt.com/ They have a 2 year warrenty and are the sealed glass mat type.
They have serious cranking power compared with the stock lead acid type ones that i used to use. The vented ones also fill up with salt water when they are immersed and then crap out soon after.
These have have better terminals then some of the gel batteries and they also have a left and right hand terminal for both negitave and positive which allows your positive cable to run straight to the battery without doing an akward bend around between the battery and front of the motor plus if you ever strip the thread out of one of the terminals you can start using the other one.

wydopen

onthepipe
ive had a diehard battery thats lasted quite awhile...every fancy sealed expensive battery ive ran hasnt lasted...i had an odessy but it cracked almost in half in less than 20 rides

I use stock tried sealeds lasted about three months pulled out the old stocker that had been sitting in the shed for that time and started fine for the next three years untill i sold the ski. Just check the water level occasionally and all is good

Matty

YamaCore

Aka Tripod88cc
I bought one of those Shorai Batteries this year. been out probably ten times now, the battery came precharged and I have yet had to put in on a charger (obviously not running a tl system). the thing weights something like 1.3 lbs, and turns over the 701 with ease. if you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it. oh, and it was well under 200$ with a charger..

Top Bottom