Bay Area riding

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
Whats the deal with riding surf or inland lakes in the Bay area. If I move there next summer I'll be living in south Oakland and my girlfriend lives right in San Francisco. What are the spots and regulations to riding in the bay and/or ocean south west of the golden gate. How about lakes near by within an hour? I know theres the ski shack in Antioch, any of those guys on here. Happy turkey day

team510

squarenose
hit me up when you get here!!! we ride the bay alot! oakland is a fun place to ride,huge pilot boats an tug boat put out some huge wakes!!!!
pismo is the only place to ride surf!!!
the delta is allways great as well!! about 45-130 from oakland just depends on were we go!!
oh an you get to ride year round!!!

team510

squarenose
oh yea i see you snowboard!??
you can board on sat an ride on sunday! that how we do it!!
go on pwctoday we have a norcal jetski group! some fun an cheap racing as well!

is there a reason that you will be moving to Oakland? if i was you don't do it. unless you will live in the hills, no place in oakland is good. let me know when you do move up here, we'll go riding sometime.

you know we sould try to get the X-members from the bayarea together and go ride. i don't know many people out here that ride standups.

Last edited:

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
Well im actually in cali now, was in san fran last week but now in encinitas for thanksgiving then headin back home tomorrow night from LA. I would be moving because my girlfriend goes to Academy of art university in san fran, and her parents live in oakland now. Actually on the water facing Alameda, Id stay with them for a while to get settled and find a job. Work a year and then go back to school. The water in the bay is clean and safe? well when there isnt an oil spill.

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
Im pissed, I wanted some fresh bay area dungeness crab, but i opted to wait till next year instead of having it from farther up the coast.

Any of you guys ride with the crew from the ski clinic in Antioch, I said ski shack farther up in the thread, oops. Seems like quite a few freestyle guys up there.

team510

squarenose
yeah they do the delta!!! the bay is not clean but its a great ride an its got a ton of free lunch ramps!! you will have plenty of peps to ride with you in the bay,delta,pismo an lakes!!
my ski is down for now but i will be out soon as im done!
im in hayward an thats about 15 min from oakland so im close to the water!

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
im supposed to ask, anyone know if you can ride in the area between alameda and the mainland, its a small channel of water but my girlfriends parents say they have never seen anything but the crew team and big boats go through it, never a jetski???

team510

squarenose
yes and no just depends on what spot!! you can ride in certain areas an others are kinda of nowake zones!! let me explain its not a 5 mph or a no wake zone, the coast guard just wants you to take it easy an not go crazy! just kinda of cruz!
if you can get a google map of what part you want to ride i can can if its ok to ride or not!

team510

squarenose
if your talking about the jacklondon aqua center than yes you can ride in this area! dont ride rigth next to the boat ramp but just go out a lil! this is the ramp we ride!
if you leave the ramp an go to the right you will go pass all the resturants so kinda slow down in this area! but after that its all open to ride!

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
sweet, they actually live in between the 29th bridge and fruitvale bridge, but looks like a short little cruise to get into some open water. How is it with the coastguard station near by?

Top Bottom