650/X-2 Best 650 prop

Ive been riding my whole life and i havent found the best PROP yet
But i do know the best impeller for 650
U got two options

If u dnt have enough $$ u can buy a used skat 9/17 or 15.5 for under 110

But if u have deeo pockets run a c75 9/17 cut to fit 650pump
Or gwt a stock sxr impeller and repitch to 9/17 and cut to fit 650pump (this setup will run u about 200-250)

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I've been running a 10/18 with a stock (83mm) nozzle. It seemed to lack bottom end. I put on an AM nozzle (87mm) and gained some bottom end at the cost of a lot of top end. Crab did say 87mm would be too big.

Crab and Shawn claim the best with a worked 750 motor is a 13/18 with a bored stock (85mm) nozzle.

Impros suggested I run a 12/17.

I have a 15, a 15.5 and a 9/17 I have yet to try.

Group K's website makes some suggestions. They suggest either a 15.5 or a 9/17 with a stock nozzle.

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
I want bottom end. I'm going to put on a x2 trim with an 85mm nozzle. I have a guy that has a 16 and 17 skat for 85 which would be best?

Ice and aspirin heals any wound 

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
If he's local, tell him you'll give $95 to try both, but only keep the one that works best for you. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
I could ask but he isn't local I just got ahold of him through email and e sen me his parts list and they were on there. I could ask him and sign a form saying I would return one after I test it.

jdakrt

X
I ran old skool 15, 15.5, 16 and 13/16 skats on my 650 setup and liked the 13/16 best. as stated above, the 9/17 c75 would be best on the 650. Off topic - save your money and get a 750. night and day difference, I cant believe I waited so long to do the swap. Not just saying that cuz I have a 750 setup fs.:sneaky:

I want bottom end. I'm going to put on a x2 trim with an 85mm nozzle. I have a guy that has a 16 and 17 skat for 85 which would be best?

Anything over an old 15, 13-16, or 8-16 will kill low speed thrust. Solas 13-18s are also too much without taking some load out. Its much better to modify a modern 750 prop like an 11-16 concord.

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
Anything over an old 15, 13-16, or 8-16 will kill low speed thrust. Solas 13-18s are also too much without taking some load out. Its much better to modify a modern 750 prop like an 11-16 concord.

So i should get a 11-16 concord and get it cut down I fit a 140mm pump?

They are all 140mm diameter, 750s have longer splines and more foreward shaft spacing. A 750xi driveshaft will fit a 650sx and make it so the only mod needed is cutting the bottom to set back the prop. X2s will need both sides cut. The easiest way out is finding a 650 solas ke-sc-I 13-18 and getting it repitched.

i have the set up you need for sale .9/17 hooker large hub with R&D pump stuffer,rad dudes spacer all installed in a pump for $500.just bolt in and go

Im running a 15 skat strait edge. It gets my x2 going good in colorado!

Haha, I think my 14-19 is way too high of pitch for almost any 650 let alone like you said, at our elevation. No idea how it feels compared to others/stock, I sadly put it on at the same time as I put my Factory Pipe (or maybe it was the 44mm carb) on so I can't say how much difference it feels over stock. And it's the recommended for 650sx that Watercraftsuperstore told me lol. Hopefully my winter mods can make full use of it (which I think I need a high pitch prop anyhow for what I'll be doing).

How does repitching work? Do they shave off part of it? But wouldn't that just change the pitch by a fraction of what it normally would be? Or do they heat it to be malleable and then bend it?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Haha, I think my 14-19 is way too high of pitch for almost any 650 let alone like you said, at our elevation. No idea how it feels compared to others/stock, I sadly put it on at the same time as I put my Factory Pipe (or maybe it was the 44mm carb) on so I can't say how much difference it feels over stock. And it's the recommended for 650sx that Watercraftsuperstore told me lol. Hopefully my winter mods can make full use of it (which I think I need a high pitch prop anyhow for what I'll be doing).

How does repitching work? Do they shave off part of it? But wouldn't that just change the pitch by a fraction of what it normally would be? Or do they heat it to be malleable and then bend it?

You could try a larger nozzle diameter. I'll be happy to buy that useless prop from you. $25 shipped. =)

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Woah now, the things like brand new and I paid $200 for it lol.

I know. =) I am not interested in it which is why I suggested such a price. Right now I am running a 10/18 with a 87mm AM PJS nozzle. 87mm is too big, but maybe not with a prop like that. I intend to either run my 9/17 with a stock (83mm) nozzle or a 13/18 SXR prop with a bored stock (85mm) nozzle.

Would having "high performance" mods mean that boring the nozzle wouldn't help? I want as much punch as I can get (bottom end) and already have a Factory Pipe, 44 Mikuni, High Comp Head, Lightened flywheel, would boring that help still?

I feel like 86mm bore would be good for a 14-19.

Top Bottom