SX/SXi/SXi Pro Best bang for the buck low to mid range mods

I have a stock 750sxi that im dying to do some engine mods to. Money is somewhat a problem so i dont want anything too expensive for mods. Can someone list the best mods to get for a 750sxi that will help that low to mid range performance for jumping. Thanks!

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
R and D Timing advance plate...cost about 50 bucks. takes an hour or so to install. advances the timing to make it more snappy. u can send ur nozzle to be bored a little(prolly $100ish), or install a stubby pump cone($45). that will help the bottom end too. or u can install a water resticter to the water box to dry it out so that the motor doesnt have to push all that water out, makin it more responsive.($45). or send ur flywheel to #Zero and he will lighten it, allowing the motor to rev a little quicker($75). u wont see many mods that will make it night/day difference for under 50 bucks. u can also D Cut ur ride plate, that will help u get the nose up a bit more. (Free if u have a marker, something round aprox 5" diameter, and a saw/grinder)

will a 650sx nozzle work?

Try it. You will be going from 76mm to 83mm. The 750sx nozzles are 80mm which may be a better match for the stock SXI prop, try both they're dirt cheap. The 650 nozzle also has a shorter arm for more steering throw. Make sure the steer nozzle doesn't bottom before the handlebar stop hits or the cable will break.

Over the winter I put on a R@D exhaust,works extended ride plate,r@d scoop grate,wet wolf pump cone, bored the exit nozzle out, single 44sbn mikuni carb, prok air filter. What should be my next purchase.? I thought with the sxi you didnt want to advance the timing anymore than it all ready is. Is this correct? If not should that be the next purchase?

I would like to get a R@D head or ada head, lighten the flywheel, rebuild the top end, Some sort of impellar. What size impellar would I need? What order would I want to do these mods? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Over the winter I put on a R@D exhaust,works extended ride plate,r@d scoop grate,wet wolf pump cone, bored the exit nozzle out, single 44sbn mikuni carb, prok air filter. What should be my next purchase.? I thought with the sxi you didnt want to advance the timing anymore than it all ready is. Is this correct? If not should that be the next purchase?

I would like to get a R@D head or ada head, lighten the flywheel, rebuild the top end, Some sort of impellar. What size impellar would I need? What order would I want to do these mods? Any help would be appreciated.

Get a good prop and tune everything to perfection. Thats about all you can do without burning race gas.

Top Bottom