Super Jet Best F/A setup for surf?

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I am tired of sucking up water with my current setup. I have two cone F/A with outer wears and still get water in there. I'm running duel 38's on my SN. Is there a good aftermarket one to use? I dint have a stocker to put on there

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Old school stock flame arrestors... don't waste your time with anything else.

SS865_Std_Pkg.jpg

Or the newer ones that come with dual 38s.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I run Pro-K's without outer wears and never get water ingestion. The trick is to keep the water out of the bilge in the first place.
Shy of that, the OEM arrestors work great.
I should have run an OEM setup on my old RN. It leaked line a sieve.

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Proks, with wdk hood, rare I have any issues unless I get massivly rolled and endup up side down and cant get to it in time, no sinker valve here.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
get rid of anything that drops near the carbs and seal off the holes on the hood, he had the same mod at the back only cut the hood for a bit better airflow.

Stock!!!

Get a hold of motozachl in here....he just bought a big bore square from Michigan and whoever did the hood seems to have done it right! I am sure he will give you some pics.....but he needs stock F/A' also.....he gets some water in on big waves days or doing subs in flat......

IMO even if you can get those pile of crap AM F/A's to be water resistant (outerwears) both of them are high cost for sure replacements and they WILL eventually fall apart!

squarenose hulls also tend to "dip" at the front part of the seal..........lots of times they have to be built back up with epoxy so the hoodseal matches flush with the hood.....

I have a brand new never used OEM 38 airbox and all hardware ...50 shipped

you can put a big piece of turf under the carbs, that goes from the head to the side of the hull, it helps cut down in bilge spray.

Top Bottom